Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we bin off adverts from The S*n on here please Bozza?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
This place is better than those scumbags....

IMG_1886.PNG

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
What about if they contribute a decent amount of money to REMF?

If you don't like The Sun, then don't read it or click on their links. Don't tell other people what they can and can't see!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We don't sell ad slots to specific companies and (as I'm sure someone will be along to tell you shortly) what you see in ad banners is at least partly do to your prior browsing habits.

I have never seen a Sun ad banner on NSC.

All that said, only one ad network we use allows highly granular blocking of companies appearing in ad units. I'll look to see if they've been serving Sun ads and, if so, I'll block them.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We don't sell ad slots to specific companies and (as I'm sure someone will be along to tell you shortly) what you see in ad banners is at least partly do to your prior browsing habits.

All that said, only one ad network we use allows highly granular blocking of companies appearing in ad units. I'll look to see if they've been serving Sun ads and, if so, I'll block them.

Isn't that rather a slippery slope? Expect requests for blocking any Daily Mail ads will be next.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

That makes a fair bit of sense (I've been googling fantasy football stuff) but wouldn't touch dream team with a barge pole. Thanks for replying, I realise I've got the option of simply ignoring it, but I'm aware that there are others on here who feel stronger about the scum than I do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That makes a fair bit of sense (I've been googling fantasy football stuff) but wouldn't touch dream team with a barge pole. Thanks for replying, I realise I've got the option of simply ignoring it, but I'm aware that there are others on here who feel stronger about the scum than I do.

Ad and interest tracking is an amazing thing, and I think you've probably answered why you're seeing it.

Seems there have been some instance of Sun Dream Team ads on NSC via Google - all now blocked.

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 22.01.38.png

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Isn't that rather a slippery slope? Expect requests for blocking any Daily Mail ads will be next.

As odious as the Mail is, it wasn't involved in one of the biggest lies against football fans in the history of the game. It doesn't hack the phones of dead kids either.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As odious as the Mail is, it wasn't involved in one of the biggest lies against football fans in the history of the game. It doesn't hack the phones of dead kids either.

Yes, a disgraceful episode 28 years ago. NSC is a bit late to the boycotting party. Thought the Milly Dowler hack was the News of the World? Also didn't the Mirror hack phones?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, a disgraceful episode 28 years ago. NSC is a bit late to the boycotting party. Thought the Milly Dowler hack was the News of the World? Also didn't the Mirror hack phones?

I've little time for the Mirror either TBH, but this is a football site first & foremost & The Sun stained the game with their actions.

It was 28 years ago but they were in denial for years afterwards. Kelvin Mackenzie, the editor, continued to be employed as a columnist until a couple of months ago, until he was sacked for his comments about Ross Barkley, and that was at great reluctance.

If people want to read it, that's there prerogative, but there's no need for it to use NSC as a marketing tool.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've little time for the Mirror either TBH, but this is a football site first & foremost & The Sun stained the game with their actions.

It was 28 years ago but they were in denial for years afterwards. Kelvin Mackenzie, the editor, continued to be employed as a columnist until a couple of months ago, until he was sacked for his comments about Ross Barkley, and that was at great reluctance.

If people want to read it, that's there prerogative, but there's no need for it to use NSC as a marketing tool.

Bozza's choice obviously it just seems very very very late and tokenistic. If people on NSC really feel that strongly I'm surprised they can even stomach going to a Premier League game considering its all mainly funded by Murdoch money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bozza's choice obviously it just seems very very very late and tokenistic. If people on NSC really feel that strongly I'm surprised they can even stomach going to a Premier League game considering its all mainly funded by Murdoch money.

It's not Murdoch money, it's from Sky subscribers. I don't have Sky, buy The Sun or Times, or listen to TalkSport.

I support Brighton and Hove Albion, regardless of the division they are in, Murdoch won't stop me doing that.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
To be frank. Who do you think you are? Don't read it but don't tell others what to do.

Be Frank all you want, I'm Pete, nice to meet you.

It's a request based on the understanding that there are a great deal of fans out there who find that rag totally unconscionable. It was a request, not a demand, and if it had fallen on deaf ears then I'd have put up and shut up.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

It's a request based on the understanding that there are a great deal of fans out there who find that rag totally unconscionable. It was a request, not a demand, and if it had fallen on deaf ears then I'd have put up and shut up.

And I find you unconscionable, sir. And I suggest that you DO put up and shut up. If you didn't Google, "Sun page 3 boobs" you'd get less adverts from them.

This thread is a joke. :ban:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Yes I understand there are people out there that don't want to read the sun . They have a choice don't buy it. There are also a few rags as you call them that I choose not to read but I would never ask to have them banned. It's people's choice what they read . Live and let live. Nice to meet you Pete.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here