Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Nike made kits

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I hadn't bought a replica top since the last Errea one and quite fancied treating myself to a new home one with the PL badges on but apparently the club don't sell the replica tops with long sleeves. Is this a recent thing with the club or have the Nike made tops only ever been short sleeved? And whilst I've no chance of nabbing one, do you reckon Nike will make long-sleeved match day tops for the squad?

I've only ever bought long-sleeved replica tops previously as I like to wrap them around my waist rather than wear it so a bit disappointed to discover the short-sleeves only option.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It seems like all players go for the blue Under Armour type tops to wear underneath the short sleeved shirts.

It's a shame, I like a proper long sleeved effort. I'm sure they'll come back into fashion.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Short sleeved are cheaper to produce. I'm surprised that they do anything above large to save on the cloth - all the over largies will have to squeeze in! Barber out!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm with the OP on this - much prefer the long-sleeved version.

Albion seemed to turned into M&S fashion-wise. Anything you do like is never brought
back - and you can never get hold of them. All the shite keeps on coming.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
IIRC the last long sleeved ones were the black and red ones...

Were they Errea? I did this homemade one with a long-sleeved orange and black Nike top a few years back but that was because the top was from a ready-made Nike design.

6tllbb.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Much prefer long-sleeved tops - not that I wear football shirts, mind you.

I guess most footballers prefer short-sleeved shirts as it allows them to show off the obligatory tattoos covering both arms. An honourable exception was David Beckham, who always sported a long-sleeved top.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Much prefer long-sleeved tops - not that I wear football shirts, mind you.

I guess most footballers prefer short-sleeved shirts as it allows them to show off the obligatory tattoos covering both arms. An honourable exception was David Beckham, who always sported a long-sleeved top.

And this despite the fact he was festooned with tattoos.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I like the tradition at Arsenal where their captain decides before the match whether it's long or short sleeves and then that's. what every player wears. Don't think any other club does this.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I hadn't bought a replica top since the last Errea one and quite fancied treating myself to a new home one with the PL badges on but apparently the club don't sell the replica tops with long sleeves. Is this a recent thing with the club or have the Nike made tops only ever been short sleeved? And whilst I've no chance of nabbing one, do you reckon Nike will make long-sleeved match day tops for the squad?

I've only ever bought long-sleeved replica tops previously as I like to wrap them around my waist rather than wear it so a bit disappointed to discover the short-sleeves only option.

Buy a short sleeved one along with one of the long sleeved undershirts. Put both on and then take them off together. Bravo - you can tie it round you !

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Were they Errea? I did this homemade one with a long-sleeved orange and black Nike top a few years back but that was because the top was from a ready-made Nike design.

6tllbb.jpg

I never got around to doing that - and now the shirt is sold out (in sensible sizes). Have about five badges too...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm disappointed they don't do make the replica base layers any more. I love the Errea ones, they are perfect for running but also for the cold winter games. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] is a fan too! They were top class kit, it's a shame that Nike don't offer it/the Albion don't sell them. I'm happy to pay a few quid more for the Albion logo and to give the club the business.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here