Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Probably was one of those LGBT ballistic missiles aimed at Trumps brain, but missed by miles ending up in Japan.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The worry is how Trump reacts having previously stated he was going to deal with it.

Trouble is if Trump does do anything that'll mean Seoul will be flattened by artillery. Assuming most of the regional players don't want Trump to get involved as DRPK can't realistically do anything to USA but can take out cities in Japan, China or south Korea no problem.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Trouble is if Trump does do anything that'll mean Seoul will be flattened by artillery. Assuming most of the regional players don't want Trump to get involved as DRPK can't realistically do anything to USA but can take out cities in Japan, China or south Korea no problem.

Can they ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't see them attacking China :lol:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I can't see them attacking China :lol:
Yeah, this - surely the only thing propping North Korea up is China. I've always thought (or hoped) if things escalate too far China will just step in and sort things out quietly.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Chinese don't want American troops on their border, and the Americans don't want Chinese troops on the South Korean border, so its a bit of a stale-mate.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Required listening from the BBC World Service:

"What Would War With North Korea Look Like?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05951pc

I listened to that the other morning. Very interesting. Historical and what would happen now outlook. What really struck home was that any reunification would be hampered by the South Koreans average height being over 4" higher than their northern compatriots. Strong against weak. That's happened in 60 years. Be brilliant if a future unification overcomes this.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The worry is how Trump reacts having previously stated he was going to deal with it.

Agree it's a worry!

But on the other hand, when Assad used chemical weapons against civilians Trump was the only one who had the minerals to do something about it as everyone else did nothing!!!
So if N Korea keeps deliberately overstepping the mark and everyone else does nothing as usual...I hope he does something, because you know no one else has the balls to!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah, this - surely the only thing propping North Korea up is China. I've always thought (or hoped) if things escalate too far China will just step in and sort things out quietly.
And Russia possibly....Strange how other countries get invaded in a flash and north Korea can do as they wish.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Can they ?

China and south Korea they could as they can shoot shells over the border without long range missiles. Japan they should be able to.

My question really related to the part where you said 'can take out cities'. Yes they can fire shells to nearby targets, 'but take out cities' ? They've launched a few test rockets, this is not quite the same as being able to 'take out cities'

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The Chinese don't want American troops on their border, and the Americans don't want Chinese troops on the South Korean border, so its a bit of a stale-mate.

If the North were to fail, wouldn't it lead to unification and therefore once stable, there would be no need to have US troops in the country any more to counter / deter any attacks on the South by the North.

Agree it's a worry!

But on the other hand, when Assad used chemical weapons against civilians Trump was the only one who had the minerals to do something about it as everyone else did nothing!!!
So if N Korea keeps deliberately overstepping the mark and everyone else does nothing as usual...I hope he does something, because you know no one else has the balls to!

Did Assad?, or was it possibly a propaganda situation that helps to paint the side that the US has decided to make the enemy seem that much worse, supporting their standpoint and building up support for their entire actions in the region again (especially if starting to be doubted or questioned) and that it could actually have originated from the buildings that were targeted and hit by the Syrian air force as that side were actually the preparing / storing them (are the likes of ISIS and other groups fighting the regime more or less likely to develop and use chemical weapons or Assad, especially when the eyes of the world are watching)

Support for or against the different regimes (sometimes backing the regime, others backing the rebels) often looks to be based purely on political motivations and what suits their agenda the most (why else do you attack Iraq and Afghanistan when the 9/11 attackers were 15 Saudi Arabians, 2 were from the UAE, 1 from Egypt and 1 from Lebanon. Why hold Afghanistan responsible but not the countries from where they originated from?)

And Russia possibly....Strange how other countries get invaded in a flash and north Korea can do as they wish.
Surely that's dependent on:
a) If there is oil
b) If they are likely to trade for US goods and services afterwards (big contracts to be won)
c) If their daddy didn't finish the job from the last war they had with them and the son feels that he needs to finish the job
d) Who their allies are, less likely to attack if Russia or China are backing the regime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here