Aleš Matějů SIGNS August 4th

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Booooo

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We're not in the position to be spending 2.5M euros on development squad signings. He'll be pushing Bruno all the way for a place in the starting line up if true. A bit of youth in defence along with Dunk would be no bad thing imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're not in the position to be spending 2.5M euros on development squad signings. He'll be pushing Bruno all the way for a place in the starting line up if true. A bit of youth in defence along with Dunk would be no bad thing imo.

Duffy & Ryan.

Personally I'd prefer to see some 'anyone but John Terry', John Terry-like Premier League experience in the defence.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The chubby-faced Brazilian?

Not him surprisingly no. For lack of any footage demonstrating his footballing ability, he's a solid 8 out of 10 for me, the nose lets him down. Who will be the first to find his missus.

PES5d2f71_Mateju01.JPG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too late again.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I hope he's better than the last Czech we signed. Has he passed his medical yet?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The translated text said he is 'hard'. He looks like a ******* to me. If he's a hard ******* then I'm in.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Asked a Czech friend about this, albeit a Sparta supporter, and he says....

http://fotbal.idnes.cz/ales-mateju-...-fuo-/fotbal.aspx?c=A170728_103701_fotbal_jic

If you google translate it, even in czech news they are saying it is great that this guy will be sold! :D ok not literally, but they are more amazed a this guy is not even nr. 1 on his position, didnt play for national (youth included), yet he is close to make money for his team :)

Translation
'The young defender Matějů heads from Pilsen to the English league
He is not one of the biggest Pilsen stars and he did not stand for adult representation. Nevertheless, Aleš Matějů now heads to England. On the day he starts the HET league, it's a sensational message. According to iDNES.cz, the 21-year-old defender in the next few days will have to undergo health tests in Brighton, or the newcomer to the English League.
If there is nothing unexpected, Matějů will be a new teammate of the representative midfielder Jiří Skalák. The price is estimated at almost seventy million crowns.

The Pribram puppeteer of Matějů was a teenager in Eindhoven, a prominent talent, quick, technical and fearless. In the summer of 2015 he moved to Pilsen and was able to play fifty league matches. If something was read out, then fluctuating performance.

In the summer, he was supposed to belong to the European Championship standings in Poland, but just before his start he was injured. He did not even participate in the first Pilsen competition in the new season. In Bucharest, in the 3rd Prelude of the Champions League against the FCSB, he played a not quite healthy Limbersky player while Matějů was among the substitutes.

Now the biggest career challenge is waiting for him. If he was lucky enough, he could have a look at the Brighton premiere at the star of Manchester City on August 12th.'

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Duffy & Ryan.

Personally I'd prefer to see some 'anyone but John Terry', John Terry-like Premier League experience in the defence.

Who would you suggest? I prefer the prospect of this lad to the likes of 'Premier League experienced' Carl Jenkinson, and I didn't even know he existed until about half an hour ago.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Asked a Czech friend about this, albeit a Sparta supporter, and he says....

If you google translate it, even in czech news they are saying it is great that this guy will be sold! :D ok not literally, but they are more amazed a this guy is not even nr. 1 on his position, didnt play for national (youth included), yet he is close to make money for his team :)

Er.. seems to have represented his country throughout his youth? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleš_Matějů

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To say I 'approve' is possibly the single greatest understatement that will be posted on NSC this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here