Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa anyone?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With the signing of Brown and the possibility of Lawrence coming in then the chances of playing one up top look increasingly likely.

Is it worth going back in for Ulloa? With plenty of pace around him and plenty of good crossers in the squad he'd be a decent target man and bring others into play, a like for like swap for Murray.

He's in his last year of contract, just turned 31, it would be affordable and an instant fit.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Loved him with his time with us but probably not.

(unless he was free and wages were reasonable).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure it would make any logical sense, with Hemed and Murray here. But something tells me that for anything south of 10m, he would be a bloody great signing.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I'm not sure it would make any logical sense, with Hemed and Murray here. But something tells me that for anything south of 10m, he would be a bloody great signing.

If recent reports of 5 mil offers for Hemed are to be believed I would be more than happy to see Ulloa take his place. If the option is there to sell Hemed and bring in Ulloa for a similar amount then it's a no brainer!

No disrespect to Hemed, but Ulloa is a far better player in my view.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If recent reports of 5 mil offers for Hemed are to be believed I would be more than happy to see Ulloa to take his place. If the option is there to sell Hemed and bring in Ulloa for a similar amount then it's a no brainer!

I find myself in agreement with you sir. Added to the fact Ulloa has a few years PL experience under his belt now. Given the choice....yup, I'd swap.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not had a better striker with his head in my memory than Ulloa, I would love to have him back.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I find myself in agreement with you sir. Added to the fact Ulloa has a few years PL experience under his belt now. Given the choice....yup, I'd swap.

If we had a one in one out scenario, it would be less appealing, I think Hemed could do well in the Prem.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If recent reports of 5 mil offers for Hemed are to be believed I would be more than happy to see Ulloa take his place. If the option is there to sell Hemed and bring in Ulloa for a similar amount then it's a no brainer!

Like for like on transfer but wages would be very different wouldn't they?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Is the right answer. We don't need Murray, Hemed AND Ulloa, but if Hemed goes, then double yes please.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Love Ulloa, but we have two similar players in Hemed and Murray. We need a pacer poucher.

Is the right answer. We need a number 9, but number 9s come in different forms. What we need is a different type to Hemed and Murray, with pace so that we can play (effectively) on the counter-attack. The likes of Aguero, Vardy, Rashford and Lukaku are the templates in terms of style, if somewhat over-optimistic in terms of quality.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me, Murray is our best forward, but he obviously won't give you 90 mins x 38 matches. Secondly, Hemed can't give you what Murray can - height, physical presence, Prem experience and his quality of finishing. To me it makes sense to get a like for like replacement for Murray so you can continue to play the same shape, as that target man means you get the best out of Brown, Gross, March, Knocky and possibly Lawrence. Ulloa could be that man.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
His PL experience and the fact that he likes Brighton would go a long way, last season was difficult for him at Leicester, very unsettled, but I believe he is good enough and worthwhile bringing him back.
I would like to see if Hemed is good enough, but if he isn't then that could be a real problem for us until January, but I have total faith in the club knowing the answer to that question already.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ulloa only makes sense if Hemed goes.

On top of that i do see Lawrence as the no 9 if it happens... its possible he will be the last forward signing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hemed is the highest scorer in the Amex time, taking over from Barnes. Why would we sell him?
He deserves to have a go in the Prem.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hemed is the highest scorer in the Amex time, taking over from Barnes. Why would we sell him?
He deserves to have a go in the Prem.

Totally agree but it's the aged old question, is he good enough for the massive step up against some of the best defenders in the world?
We don't know, I hope the club do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here