Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodgy pop up just served by NSC on my phone.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
See below. After clicking back it then led to a red screen with a countdown timer to install software or my phone would be corrupted or something. Obviously a scam so a warning to others and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Pages are also taking a long time to load on my phone!

Screenshot_20170727-131024.png

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
See below. After clicking back it then led to a red screen with a countdown timer to install software or my phone would be corrupted or something. Obviously a scam so a warning to others and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Pages are also taking a long time to load on my phone!

View attachment 87624
I got that yesterday on a 2 day old phone-I wondered where the hell it came from?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I blame the new kit designs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

View attachment 87624

Ditto - got it about 30 min ago

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

View attachment 87624

Tracing its origins, it stems from a server in the Cayman Islands and linked to a limited company there with a single shareholder - Pablo Emilio Barber.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These things are notoriously difficult for me to trace. A quick glance suggests it's almost certainly targeted at Android users, which means I'll never see it myself, which makes my task even more difficult.

The ad companies do get these rogue ads sneaking in from time to time and they usually get rid of them pretty sharpish.

All I can really suggest is either use the NSC mobile view from your phone (scroll to the very bottom of the page and select it from the dropdown) or use Tapatalk.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I get this on the argus all the time and nowhere else. Have you been on there? I can't use it on my phone anymore.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I get this on the argus all the time and nowhere else. Have you been on there? I can't use it on my phone anymore.

The Argus is the worst. A jumpy webpage, riddled with pop up questionnaires, ads, and so on. Whether you ad block or not.

The loss-making publishers so desparate for ad and links revenue, that they're force feeding these to website visitors.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here