Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantasy football - where's the value?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Got auction night coming up. Where do people see bargains to be found? Not many decent articles available yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're doing a draft/auction type one (i.e. where not everyone has got Harry Kane)?

Exactly. Old school. Would never bother with the modern shit where you get 1,000 points for a pass, lose 50 points for a yellow card, triple captain ultimate boost, all that Mickey Mouse shit. Ha.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There is always value in promoted keepers, They always tend to do well and are cheap, Randolph or Ryan should be pretty decent buys.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is always value in promoted keepers, They always tend to do well and are cheap, Randolph or Ryan should be pretty decent buys.

You think Albion will keep a decent amount of clean sheets this season? I hope you're right. Thinking I'll go for Solly as should get him quite cheap as the rest go for Murray and Knocky.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sandro at Everton might be worth a look - I'm not sure he'll score at Lukaku level for them, but he'll probably outscore some of those with bigger names and fees.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Exactly. Old school. Would never bother with the modern shit where you get 1,000 points for a pass, lose 50 points for a yellow card, all that Mickey Mouse shit. Ha.

We did ours last night, Kane, Lacazette, Morata and Sanchez went for silly money.

Giroud went really cheap due to not knowing what is happening with him, Costa didn't go at all, the mid-tier goalkeepers went cheap, Forster, Butland, Hart etc..

Austin, A Gray, Benteke, Hernandez, Gayle, Rooney went quite cheap.
Too many midfield players went cheap - Ozil and Coutinho went relatively low, Sterling was cheap, Wijnaldum, Barkley, Mahrez

Some hidden gems....
Kolasinac, Trippier, C Soares, C Daniels, G McAuley, M Keane, J Fonte, H Son

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'd avoid signing Darren Randolph, personally.

(he signed for Middlesbrough last week)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
You think Albion will keep a decent amount of clean sheets this season? I hope you're right. Thinking I'll go for Solly as should get him quite cheap as the rest go for Murray and Knocky.

I wanted Gross rather than Knocky, he was listed as a midfielder in ours and I think he can play a little further forward. Didn't get him ended up with Solly and and Muzza.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Iheanacho - Currently cheap as he won't start much at Man City BUT Potentially going to Leicester, where he'll start every game.
Suttner - Scored 4 free-kicks last year, if he can get a similar number for us, added up with a few clean sheets or assists and he'll be good value.
Trippier - He'll pick up a lot of assists and clean sheets for Spurs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Iheanacho - Currently cheap as he won't start much at Man City BUT Potentially going to Leicester, where he'll start every game.
Suttner - Scored 4 free-kicks last year, if he can get a similar number for us, added up with a few clean sheets or assists and he'll be good value.
Trippier - He'll pick up a lot of assists and clean sheets for Spurs.

Trippier already on the list. Hope Ihenacho does go. Also think we might see more of Batshuayi.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I remember when the first fantasy football leagues started around 1994
Think The Sun or the Telegraph was the one of the first newspapers to do it, remember being on the phone for about 7 minutes registering each team by entering a 3 digit PIN number for each player by using keypad on home phone
Cost a fortune, used to use work phone to register loads of teams
It's come a long way since then and a lot cheaper to enter
Use the Skybet fantasy league now

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I got pretty good value last season by including a few Bournemouth defenders (Smith/Cook/Francis). Reckon Dunk and Duffy might be decent FF points earners this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ended up with;

Bravo - got him mega cheap, the way points work in this FL goalies are poor value, and if Emerson doesn't settle it's a bargain

Trippier
Zabaleta

Lindelof
Stones

Salah
Wijnaldum
B. Silva
Özil
Fabregas

Rashford

Shaqiri
Willian