Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pullingers closing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I used to buy my Docs there

Same. Then their DM's gradually got more expensive and their range got more limited compared to bigger brighter slicker stores and then to online ordering, next day delivery.

One more victim of changes in retail shopping sadly. There was no way they were ever going to compete with all of that increased competition, plus the ever-rising costs of being based in the prime North Laine shopping hotspot. Council alays wants it's slice via increased rates, same as every other utility/'service provider'.

Best wishes to the owners, and sincerely hope they enjoy a long and happy retirement.

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Same. Then their DM's gradually got more expensive and their range got more limited compared to bigger brighter slicker stores and then to online ordering, next day delivery.

One more victim of changes in retail shopping sadly. There was no way they were ever going to compete with all of that increased competition, plus the ever-rising costs of being based in the prime North Laine shopping hotspot. Council alays wants it's slice via increased rates, same as every other utility/'service provider'.

Best wishes to the owners, and sincerely hope they enjoy a long and happy retirement.

yeah, bought my last pair online and delivery service was very impressive ... sadly

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

They're keeping their George Street shop going.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15432923.Family_business_to_close_Brighton_city_centre_store/

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I used to buy my Docs there

Yes - me too. Got my favourite 8 hole ox blood no stitching docs which I lived in from there.
Sad to hear this although was always a bit suprised it was still going when I went past.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here