Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benefits of signing late in the transfer window

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Hasn't done spurs too much harm recently. Just got to know what you're doing.
m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/406

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I just like the fact that the spurs model of recruitment is being touted as a good one. Maybe they've panicked sometime at the end but they've been able to absorb it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
there are tons of players that will be available late in the window that are not now... some real gems could be grabbed late on

N17

Jun 21, 2011
In answer to the OP, i would suggest buying late in the window means you can pick up a bargain from a 'distressed seller' although it works the other way if you are a distressed buyer.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think spurs approach generally works. Theyve made mistakes but they don't spend ridiculous amounts of money and when they do at least it isn't in positions they don't really need someone.

I think our activity in the transfer market so far has been brilliant. Suttner and Gross are top additions in positions we needed. We replaced Stockdale quickly. And our defence looks premiership ready. To me the way the window works we've still plenty of time.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
'None' is obviously the correct answer. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The player you've been waiting for is now available, because the selling team has got their replacement in.

Or, the one you are after has now been sold to your rival because you didn't act quickly and decisively enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I just like the fact that the spurs model of recruitment is being touted as a good one. Maybe they've panicked sometime at the end but they've been able to absorb it.

The man who has changed Spurs is Pochetino. His training methods and his style of play and adaptable systems are what has brought them success - Their training methods August to November differ massively from their training methods December to May all adapted to fit into their match playing schedule.

Their success and failure in the transfer market is mixed but the Purchase of Victor Wanyama means that they control the midfield in many games they play; however overall, their transfer market dealings are totally mixed just like a lot of clubs.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd like to see us 'play' the market like Spurs but there is a skill to it and it remains to be seen if we are capable of doing that. Fact is this market is crazy but not investing isn't an option either. Waiting to the end of the window only really works if you have players good enough to cope if you cannot get in the players you want. Not sure we are in that position currently...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here