Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season long BETTING

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cards on the table then chaps. Any season-long accas?

The four leagues?

I've BOTTLED League Two, and added the Conference instead, as just couldn't see an obvious choice in the fourth tier.

Chelsea
Middlesbrough
Blackburn
Tranmere

£5 returns £1,950.00

Planning on using my winnings to visit younger brother in the States.

looking forward to the trip :thumbsup:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Couldn't decide on the Prem so left it out, gone for the following for promotion:
Birmingham
Blackburn
Luton

£5 = £315

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Oddly enough I have just placed my first ante post wager:

Middlesbrough
Blackburn
Luton

Win treble.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Man City
Middlesbrough
Blackburn
Swindon

1855/1 a few weeks ago.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Good luck. I'd love to see you land this (as ticks off two of my four...)

Cheers, you too Mr fan club.

I am planning one or two top scorer coups also but they will have to wait a little while.

Who will be our top scorer iyo? Is the winner not yet at the club?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cards on the table then chaps. Any season-long accas?

The four leagues?

I've BOTTLED League Two, and added the Conference instead, as just couldn't see an obvious choice in the fourth tier.

Chelsea
Middlesbrough
Blackburn
Tranmere

£5 returns £1,950.00

Planning on using my winnings to visit younger brother in the States.

looking forward to the trip :thumbsup:

As a betting rookie (£1 E/W on the Grand National is my usual), how do you set up one of these bets? Do you have to go into the bookies and ask them to give you odds on your particular selection, or can it be done on line? And can you have an E/W (Champions/promoted) bet?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised everyone is so sure on Blackburn. Yes, a big club for that level, but also a dreadfully run, absolute basket case of a club that could easily stay in the depths for a while. Not a safe bet at all IMO.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
As a betting rookie (£1 E/W on the Grand National is my usual), how do you set up one of these bets? Do you have to go into the bookies and ask them to give you odds on your particular selection, or can it be done on line? And can you have an E/W (Champions/promoted) bet?

No you don't.
Yes you can.
Yes you can.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Surprised everyone is so sure on Blackburn. Yes, a big club for that level, but also a dreadfully run, absolute basket case of a club that could easily stay in the depths for a while. Not a safe bet at all IMO.

Basket case yes but have made an uncharacteristically wise move in sticking with Mogga and allowing him to bring in the players he has signed thus far.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Basket case yes but have made an uncharacteristically wise move in sticking with Mogga and allowing him to bring in the players he has signed thus far.

So far. What makes people think they won't sack him in a month or two's time? Or sell some of their best players? There's a loooooong time for them to screw things up yet (as they have previously, time and time again).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Thanks.......but I was hoping for a bit more of the 'how' actually.

Normally if you go on a betting site and add multiple, independent bets to your betting slip (basically your shopping basket) it'll automatically let you put it on as a combined bet and give you the odds.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There are no safe bets, Mello - just a case of following what you see as value.

Of mine:
Chelsea of course COULD win it, but equally so could Man City. My site (BV) was offering almost double the odds on Chelsea, and I think they are pretty much equal in reality, so the VALUE lies with Roman's boys.

Middlesbrough, I think, are VERY strong favourites - recruitment looks very good indeed, and I'd back Monk to get the job done. I don't see an obvious challenger.

I've picked Blackburn because a. they've largely held their squad together, and b. they were actually NOT that bad last season at all. They gave us a decent game down here. Wigan and Pompey were the other obvious contenders.

I've swerved L2

In the conference Tranmere are head and shoulders the best team on paper. Leyton Orient are quoted at 14/1 - the bookies really don't see them getting their shit together any time soon.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
So far. What makes people think they won't sack him in a month or two's time? Or sell some of their best players? There's a loooooong time for them to screw things up yet (as they have previously, time and time again).

The fact that they haven't sacked him yet and that they allowed him to spend significant money (for that level) on Dack and bring in Whittingham on what will be not insignificant wages. You could be right of course but so far the signs are that they are backing their man. Let's face it, they don't want their investment in L1 for long do they.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely this thread should be done next May when everyone can boast about all the bets they have got right ???

#aftertimers

Don't fret - there'll be a separate thread for THOSE people.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here