Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baker Street: Brighton's Best Kept Secret?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I don't know if anyone's mentioned Connie's repair shop next to Jools - I've had a few pairs of shorts mended there. And the phone shop is good as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
(Posted with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s permission)

Those who know me will probably agree that I'm a big supporter of my local pie shop. So would just like to give a little bit of a boost to Bangers, estimed pie-makers of this parish, who, like other local traders, are suffering greatly in the current trading climate. Unlike some some others tho, they're a bit rubbish at self-promotion. They've got a Facebook page, the owner's mobile phone and, er, that's about it really. They do make exceedingly good pies though, and I'd hate to see them go under. So here's a copy'n'paste from their Facebook page. Basically you text your order in by a Tuesday morning, and arrange a time to pick up from the shop on the Thursday or Friday. Unless you happen to be lucky enough to live somewhere on their route home, in which case they'll drop them in to you. Blessed Are The Pie-Makers! Thanks for reading.

♦️Hi everyone... we are now taking orders for Thursday & Friday. We will give each person a time to collect their order & it will be a strict one person at a time basis & we can now take contactless payment as well as cash... The following pies will be available...

£2 each
-Steak 🥧
-Steak & blue cheese 🥧
-Steak & Scotch bonnet chilli’s🥧
-Jerk chicken 🥧
-Chicken & mushroom🥧
-Chicken Curry 🥧
-Lamb & Mint 🥧
-Beano 🥧
-Bacon, leek & mushroom in a cheese sauce 🥧
-Vegetarian 🥧
-Cornish pasty’s £1.90
-Apple 🥧 £0.85p
-Apple & Blackberry 🥧 £0.85p
-Cherry & custard £0.85p

Large pies... £4.50
Steak
Steak & blue cheese
Chicken & mushroom
Sausage & onion in onion gravy

Quiches also available... £2.95

Cheese, Ham & Mushroom
Cheese, Onion & Tomato
Cheese & Broccoli
Spinach, Feta & Red Pepper
Summer Sizzler ( Chorizo, green pepper, sweet corn & Jalapeños topped with extra cheese)

♦️Please text any orders with your name to this no...

♦️07899 761558 (Darren)

♦️All orders must be in by Tuesday morning any orders after this time cannot be taken so message early to avoid disappointment!! We can also deliver to Woodingdean, Ovingdean, Rottingdean, Saltdean & Peacehaven as they are on our way home... ONLY THESE AREAS! If you would like delivery to one of these areas please state so in your order with your address.

Thank you

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Those who know me will probably agree that I'm a big supporter of my local pie shop. So would just like to give a little bit of a boost to Bangers, estimed pie-makers of this parish, who, like other local traders, are suffering greatly in the current trading climate. Unlike some some others tho, they're a bit rubbish at self-promotion. They've got a Facebook page, the owner's mobile phone and, er, that's about it really. They do make exceedingly good pies though, and I'd hate to see them go under. So here's a copy'n'paste from their Facebook page. Basically you text your order in by a Tuesday morning, and arrange a time to pick up from the shop on the Thursday or Friday. Unless you happen to be lucky enough to live somewhere on their route home, in which case they'll drop them in to you. Blessed Are The Pie-Makers! Thanks for reading.

♦️Hi everyone... we are now taking orders for Thursday & Friday. We will give each person a time to collect their order & it will be a strict one person at a time basis & we can now take contactless payment as well as cash... The following pies will be available...

£2 each
-Steak
-Steak & blue cheese
-Steak & Scotch bonnet chilli’s
-Jerk chicken
-Chicken & mushroom
-Chicken Curry
-Lamb & Mint
-Beano
-Bacon, leek & mushroom in a cheese sauce
-Vegetarian
-Cornish pasty’s £1.90
-Apple £0.85p
-Apple & Blackberry £0.85p
-Cherry & custard £0.85p

Large pies... £4.50
Steak
Steak & blue cheese
Chicken & mushroom

Cheese, Ham & Mushroom
Cheese, Onion & Tomato
Cheese & Broccoli
Summer Sizzler ( Chorizo, green pepper, sweet corn & Jalapeños topped with extra cheese)

♦️07899 761558 (Darren)

♦️All orders must be in by Tuesday morning any orders after this time cannot be taken so message early to avoid disappointment!! We can also deliver to Woodingdean, Ovingdean, Rottingdean, Saltdean & Peacehaven as they are on our way home... ONLY THESE AREAS! If you would like delivery to one of these areas please state so in your order with your address.

Thank you

Nice one, will place an order for next week.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Possible silly question- but if they are a shop- why don't they just re-open like all the other shops?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Possible silly question- but if they are a shop- why don't they just re-open like all the other shops?

My guess would be that as Baker Street is a side street off London Road and the main shops have only just opened there's practically no way of judging the footfall at the current time, so a small independent food shop could easily end up with an expensive surplus of unsold, er, food

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

[emoji3532]Hi everyone... we are now taking orders for Thursday & Friday. We will give each person a time to collect their order & it will be a strict one person at a time basis & we can now take contactless payment as well as cash... The following pies will be available...

£2 each
-Steak [emoji3050]
-Steak & blue cheese [emoji3050]
-Steak & Scotch bonnet chilli’s[emoji3050]
-Jerk chicken [emoji3050]
-Chicken & mushroom[emoji3050]
-Chicken Curry [emoji3050]
-Lamb & Mint [emoji3050]
-Beano [emoji3050]
-Bacon, leek & mushroom in a cheese sauce [emoji3050]
-Vegetarian [emoji3050]
-Cornish pasty’s £1.90
-Apple [emoji3050] £0.85p
-Apple & Blackberry [emoji3050] £0.85p
-Cherry & custard £0.85p

Large pies... £4.50
Steak
Steak & blue cheese
Chicken & mushroom

Cheese, Ham & Mushroom
Cheese, Onion & Tomato
Cheese & Broccoli

[emoji3532]Please text any orders with your name to this no...

[emoji3532]07899 761558 (Darren)

[emoji3532]All orders must be in by Tuesday morning any orders after this time cannot be taken so message early to avoid disappointment!! We can also deliver to Woodingdean, Ovingdean, Rottingdean, Saltdean & Peacehaven as they are on our way home... ONLY THESE AREAS! If you would like delivery to one of these areas please state so in your order with your address.

Thank you

Cracking pies there, feel a bit guilty now picking up two boxes of pies from Piglets this morning [emoji29]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cracking pies there, feel a bit guilty now picking up two boxes of pies from Piglets this morning [emoji29]

No guilt involved tho eh? Both local suppliers, both well worth supporting IMHO. Besides I only just posted the Bangers thing a very short while ago

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Cooper in action.jpg

I'm so desperate for a haircut, I'd even consider this :lolol:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

£2 each
-Steak
-Steak & blue cheese
-Steak & Scotch bonnet chilli’s
-Jerk chicken
-Chicken & mushroom
-Chicken Curry
-Lamb & Mint
-Beano
-Bacon, leek & mushroom in a cheese sauce
-Vegetarian
-Cornish pasty’s £1.90
-Apple £0.85p
-Apple & Blackberry £0.85p
-Cherry & custard £0.85p

Large pies... £4.50
Steak
Steak & blue cheese
Chicken & mushroom

Cheese, Ham & Mushroom
Cheese, Onion & Tomato
Cheese & Broccoli

♦️07899 761558 (Darren)

Thank you

What a blast from the past. When i lived in Brighton Friday was pie pay in my call centre, mate must have bought 30 plus beanos and lamb and mint ones weekly for us, plus the big Christmas pie ones when in season. Without a doubt my favourite pies ever, the beano top of the list. This would have been 2006 to 2009 i think

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m sure the food may be ok but the problem with that area is all the druggies that’s hang around that whole area at night .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good news for pie fans: Bangers has reopened the shop this week for walk-in sales for the first time since lockdown. New regular opening times 7.30-1.30 Tuesday-Friday. Get IN! :drool:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've been having pies / sausage rolls / pasties etc from Bangers delivered weekly (calling in on his way home bless him!) all through the Summer - bloody love 'em!

According to their Facebook page they're still going to be offering that service to the same areas on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here