Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenneth Zohore

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You make a good case for the prosecution, and I'm sure in an ideal world we would have completed our business sooner, but nothing is ever as straightforward as it seems when you don't have all the relevant facts.

Let's give the club the benefit of the doubt and see what they can pull off by the time Jim White does his thing.
    Of course, none of us have the story from behind the scenes which is why I'm not blaming one person. I don't know who or what is at fault. But there has been plenty of time to sort this out and almost every other club in the division has managed it so something is wrong and this situation is bordering on comical when you consider we are in the Premier League and know we are going to be up against it. Who's to say the two points we missed out on yesterday by not having someone to put the ball in the net won't be the two points that sends us down in May?

One of three things is going to happen now. 1) We won't sign anybody 2) We will sign a cast off that nobody else wants 3) We will get somebody decent but we WILL have to pay over the odds. Let's just hope and pray it's 3.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      You are talking complete sense.

Trying to find the "value" striker that doesn't exist or has not been found is gonna cost us. Recruitment team have failed this summer so far.
      Do you remember a couple of seasons ago when the value striker couldn't be found because of the transfer window bubble?

It is funny how the club have dressed up the same excuse over so many seasons, and posters are still surprised that we have 1 fit striker, who has limitations, (but I loves) 3 games into the biggest season ever.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      Do you remember a couple of seasons ago when the value striker couldn't be found because of the transfer window bubble?

It is funny how the club have dressed up the same excuse over so many seasons, and posters are still surprised that we have 1 fit striker, who has limitations, (but I loves) 3 games into the biggest season ever.
      Getting to that point where we will see his serious we are to stay in PL. without a doubt Transfer record will get smashed in order to get a striker in...( sad thing is, if we acted sooner, could have potentially saved millions!!)
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by forumwayseagull View Post
      Getting to that point where we will see his serious we are to stay in PL. without a doubt Transfer record will get smashed in order to get a striker in...( sad thing is, if we acted sooner, could have potentially saved millions!!)
      Or if we had taken a chance on Dwamena's ticker. Have a feeling we may regret not doing that.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      Name me one other club in Premier League history to start a season with a worse selection of strikers than a 34 year old who has barely played in the top flight and a player who most would agree has no attributes to make an impression at this level and struggled to get in our team last season.

Other fans may still be looking for more, but they're starting from a much stronger position than us. Watford signed Gray, Newcastle signed Joselu, Huddersfield signed Mounie, West Ham signed Hernandez, Stoke signed Jese, West Brom signed Rodriguez, Burnley signed Wood, Southampton got Gabbiadini in January. I don't think it's being overly dramatic to suggest the club most in need of a striker being the one not to have signed one with four days to go is likely to pay the price.
      Unclench

Name:  sinex.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  7.5 KB

And.....

Exhale.

Better?

Trust the board. Or ... bid for the club. Or...

Well, your go..... suggest.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BN1Matty View Post
      Really? Your standards for deciding what is interesting are lower than mine, obviously. "It is claimed" suggests that this is based purely on other equally unsubstantiated reports.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post

Normally I enjoy your posts. What exactly does that have to do with anything at all? Please don't join the bedwetters. Our 6 year old had a tantrum this evening. Most of it was a tantrum about the shame of having another tantrum. Now that is what I call dressing up the same excuse...

Things are what they are. Our very clever boys are on a learning curve. Do we emulate Stoke, Swansea, Burnley? Do we try our own way? Players are expensive. I see no evidence of tightwaddery. I see no evidence of shit or bust. I am very happy with my club. It may not work out this season.... but I'm hopeful it will. See You Next Thursday
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Normally I enjoy your posts. What exactly does that have to do with anything at all? Please don't join the bedwetters. Our 6 year old had a tantrum this evening. Most of it was a tantrum about the shame of having another tantrum. Now that is what I call dressing up the same excuse...

Things are what they are. Our very clever boys are on a learning curve. Do we emulate Stoke, Swansea, Burnley? Do we try our own way? Players are expensive. I see no evidence of tightwaddery. I see no evidence of shit or bust. I am very happy with my club. It may not work out this season.... but I'm hopeful it will. See You Next Thursday
      Pretty much as it is, this is just a repeated cycle of 'strikers are to expensive', but consistently said with an element of surprise.

I don't know what's more frustrating, the club engineering this exact same situation again, or Chailey reading this and starting the same bloody row.

How can the club possibly be surprised that the transfer market, that was in a bubble, overcooked and now hyper inflated has exploded on the exact same window income was raised by stupid %.
      @forumwayseagull nails it above.

It will happen, deals will be done, Tony will have to pay over the odds, but if he acted sooner, could have potentially saved millions!!
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by warmleyseagull View Post
      Or if we had taken a chance on Dwamena's ticker. Have a feeling we may regret not doing that.
      Would you have took a chance if it was your £10m?
      You make me
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      Would you have took a chance if it was your £10m?
      Not possible to answer in those terms as I dont have that sort of money. Contextually it represents probably about 1% of TB's wealth and about 3-4% of his total investment in the club to date; would I put an equivalent amount of my wealth in? TBH, I probably would but that is said without knowing the full details. And we are now in a position of being held to ransom by vendors or shitting ourselves hoping Liverpool a) complete business that Klopp wants by Thursday; b) feel like loaning Origi/Ings to us. You have to see the chance in that context too - the EFFECTIVE cost of Dwamena may only be say £3-4m given the extra we may have to find this week for Zohore/ANO.