Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Keyboard player ever ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
IMG_0219.JPG

I have an original fat sound 7" vinyl copy of this gem . . . .and the rather good album, on bigger but equally fat vinyl, with the funk bothers. A wise investment for ears and soul

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
View attachment 114531

I have an original fat sound 7" vinyl copy of this gem . . . .and the rather good album, on bigger but equally fat vinyl, with the funk bothers. A wise investment for ears and soul

Ah, the chunk of funk. Good choice.

Joe Zawinul too, of course. He had a keyboard made backwards (high notes on the left, low on the right) because he thought he was playing too safe.

And a vote for Greg Phillinganes,. He played on Stevie Wonder's 'Contusion' because Stevie couldn't [play the top line, as he explains in this rather good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svX6WRWBP8o

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I like the Hammond Organ sound of Al Kooper.
He most famously played the keyboard on Dylan's "Like a Rollin' Stone". Was also in Blood Sweat and Tears, The Blues Project and recorded the Super Session album with Steve Stills and Mike Bloomfield. He also played with Hendrix on the Electric Ladyland sessions. And under the pseudonym Roosevelt Gook he produced and played on the first three Lynyrd Skynyrd albums and singles, notably Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Dave Ball of soft cell / the grid was pretty good along with everyone who's played for kraftwerk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here