Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley friendly

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Still undecided if I can be bothered with this one tomorrow.

Amazingly have never been to Crawley's ground but I tend to find pre season games quite boring once I'm there.

What's the feeling on here, many going?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've gradually moved from a position of "almost certainly going" to "almost certainly not going", primarily for the reason you state: pre-season friendlies nearly always end up being a disappointment as no one really cares.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't be bothered with the drive or getting the train there.

It's on seagulls tv so armchair and tinnies for me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Might do, yes.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yeh I'm going. It's so close I have no real excuse not to and, like the OP, I've never actually been to Crawley's ground. So it's something to do.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Yes definitely. Live in Horsham so short journey plus its a terrace plus you are right on top of the goal. Its all good.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I might go to see our new strikers. ??? If we had any.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yes. The two of us and the young'un, just hope the weather turns out alright!

Tickets haven't arrived though so gonna have to nip to the ticket office beforehand. Useless.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No thanks

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Taking my brother. Been there a few times last season for the friendly and to watch the u23's

Agree that friendlies are crap but bloody hell been waiting months for some action so just need to:albion2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeh I'm going. It's so close I have no real excuse not to and, like the OP, I've never actually been to Crawley's ground. So it's something to do.

You're really not missing much. But give them a shout from me

Or give a wanker sign to a local. Whatever feels right.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I don't think so.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Half Term, £1 entry for my son, seat near dug out so we can see the players.
Nice afternoon with my son who can get a close up of professional players and learn.

el punal

I've gradually moved from a position of "almost certainly going" to "almost certainly not going", primarily for the reason you state: pre-season friendlies nearly always end up being a disappointment as no one really cares.

I nearly did care - an awful lot! In 1977 me and my girlfriend went to Griffin Park to watch the Albion against Brentford in a pre-season friendly. We stood behind the goal, and after about half an hour a copper came down to give us a bit of friendly advice. Essentially what he said was that we should move smartish as there were about ten or so Chelsea fans (pre-headhunters?) ready to lay into us at any moment. Needless to say we took his advice and moved smartish.

Strange that something as innocuous as a nothing, pre-season friendly could possibly have resulted in getting your head kicked in by fans who had absolutely nothing to do with two teams playing. Oh well, I dodged a bullet that day I suppose. :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here