Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will we finish this season?

Where do you think will we finish the upcoming season?

• Disaster - Derby's record is under threat

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • A season long relegation struggle which we lose

Votes: 55 32.4%
  • In the relegation mix, but safe by the end

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • Happily mid table - all good

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] s panic level poll has received a number of votes from people claiming to be calm, but seemingly accepting relegation this coming season. So, I think this is an interesting companion poll to that one.

Where do you expect us to finish this coming season?

Clearly, we don't know how the remaining weeks of the transfer window will go, and whether we'll get new players in before the City game, but let's see how we all feel...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cementing 20th currently.

But that can change with some singing.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know I messed the poll up - I should have gone for 5 options with a top 10 finish in there for the optimists. Sorry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Impossible to say until the window closes but as things stand we'll be back in the Championship next season

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Impossible to say until the window closes but as things stand we'll be back in the Championship next season

I did make it clear in the intro that this is a point in time poll... based on what we know think now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Everyone below 7th is in a relegation battle until 3 games to go. I reckon we'll be alright this year. I'm more worried about '2nd season syndrome'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did make it clear in the intro that this is a point in time poll... based on what we know think now.

In that case we are going down, the club have repeatedly told us how this buying of players is a problem.

How can anyone can be confident that the squad we have at the moment is strong enough? I don't have the same blind faith that we will get the quality of strikers required to stay up. I am 100% convinced that without significant strengthening of the forward line we are doomed.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Relegated unless we get another striker.

I'm pretty comfortable most of last seasons 1st team will step up to the plate and cover is decent except upfront where we would be totally stuffed if anything happened to Murray.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think many are being very harsh on the existing squad. Whilst I believe that it needs strengthening, some players will find the less physical nature of the PL to their liking, and the more technically gifted may flourish.

The pace of the game against the big 6 will be frightening, and realistically if we get more than 5-6 points from those games it will be a miracle, but we do have a good team ethic, and I'm not frightened by the likes of Watford, Swansea, West Brom, Burnley, Stoke, Palace, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Leicester and of course Plucky Little Bournemouth.

I'm going for relegation being avoided with 3 games to go (it had better be the case given our run in), and a final position of 16th.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think many are being very harsh on the existing squad. Whilst I believe that it needs strengthening, some players will find the less physical nature of the PL to their liking, and the more technically gifted may flourish.

The pace of the game against the big 6 will be frightening, and realistically if we get more than 5-6 points from those games it will be a miracle, but we do have a good team ethic, and I'm not frightened by the likes of Watford, Swansea, West Brom, Burnley, Stoke, Palace, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Leicester and of course Plucky Little Bournemouth.

I'm going for relegation being avoided with 3 games to go (it had better be the case given our run in), and a final position of 16th.

You have summed up my feelings there El P.

To be honest if we are frightened of the teams you mention, there would be no point playing in this league.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As it stands, goal scoring will be a problem.
Can see a relegation struggle from the off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here