Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concert ticket rip off fees

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I got an email saying seats were available for Art Garfunkel in London this weekend. I went on just out of interest, and was astounded at the fees:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.04.52.png

The ticket price isn't overly expensive (relatively), but the fees, 3 lots - one of which is £3.50 to collect from box office! I know that if you want to go you'll have to pay these, but how do they get away with it?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and the icing on the cake, the added fee for paying by credit card.

At least this one is being outlawed from January 2018.

The govt should do something about these other admin charges. They should be included in the advertised cost of the ticket, perhaps with discounts available for things that genuinely save them money like 'print at home' tickets etc...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
When you book with the Komedia you have to print the tickets and they charge you for doing it. I know it's only a quid per ticket but still think they're taking the pee.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The ticket price isn't overly expensive (relatively), but the fees, 3 lots - one of which is £3.50 to collect from box office! I know that if you want to go you'll have to pay these, but how do they get away with it?

Turn up and buy one off a tout. You'll probably pay less than face and none of the fees.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Everyone has to make a living pay staff etc

Indeed they do but they should roll the fees you can't avoid paying into the headline price - otherwise they are advertising a false price.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i bet in very small print somewhere it says plus booking fee or something similar

Indeed it will - while the headline price is displayed in huge text - it's a completely dishonest way of doing business.

Is no different to the ISPs that print in bold giant letters - 100Mb broadband for only £19.99 a month - and then in really small text they tell you there is also line rental of £12.99 a month.

About time is was outlawed.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
This sort of thing was banned for the airlines advertising flights for 99p and then adding all the extras on, so why not ban it for everything ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here