Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddie Parrotface Davies is 80 today.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
He is a name from a long and distance past,
And slightly embarrassed to say someone who was on my list who i thought had gone a long time ago.
Though the would have been at least 100 ! but only 80 today
Happy birthday Freddie

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely he must be Sick, sick,sick up to here ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same here - assumed he had died some time in the last century.

No, that was his act.....

Glad he's alive but a deeply unfunny comedian, up there with Bernie Winters and Harry Worth.

(reaches for tin hat....)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Surely he must be Sick, sick,sick up to here ?

Do you not mean "Thurely he muthft be thick, thick up to here!" Screen covered in spit as I did a quick impersonation!!
Happy Birthday Freddie "Parrot-faithed" Davith.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Glad he's alive but a deeply unfunny comedian, up there with Bernie Winters and Harry Worth.

No need, I agree.
There were some funny acts around in those days but many totally unfunny ones too of which Davies and the others you mention are included.
I remember hiding behind the cushion in embarrassment every time Marti Caine appeared.
Tom O Connor was probably the least funny man ever to appear on TV.

I used to find Harry Worth annoyingly unfunny and i was probably around 8 at the time!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I used to find Harry Worth annoyingly unfunny and i was probably around 8 at the time!

My old man loathed him. Normally that would have sent me the other way, but on this occasion I was a co-member of Team 'No to Worthless' :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No need, I agree.
There were some funny acts around in those days but many totally unfunny ones too of which Davies and the others you mention are included.
I remember hiding behind the cushion in embarrassment every time Marti Caine appeared.
Tom O Connor was probably the least funny man ever to appear on TV.

Agreed......Marti Caine and Tom O'Connor were just awful. Would add Bernie Winters to the list too, plus the bloke (name escapes me) that used to pull his jacket down his back and make a noise like a chicken after doing his 'broken mike' joke (again). How we laughed through the 70s.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Agreed......Marti Caine and Tom O'Connor were just awful. Would add Bernie Winters to the list too, plus the bloke (name escapes me) that used to pull his jacket down his back and make a noise like a chicken after doing his 'broken mike' joke (again). How we laughed through the 70s.
Norman Collier?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I used to quite like that thing he did with his arms and legs in the reflection of the shop window in the opening credits, but then I was very young at the time and easily impressed. Can't remember anything about him other than that.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I used to quite like that thing he did with his arms and legs in the reflection of the shop window in the opening credits, but then I was very young at the time and easily impressed. Can't remember anything about him other than that.

Just asked my wife if she remembered Harry Worth. Her response was "yes he used to do that thing" while flapping her arm up and down. Seems he left quite a lasting impression. I asked her if she remembered anything else about him apart from that, she said "no". Seems like his whole career has been defined by that one act in our household.
https://youtu.be/nIPihrhzr-U

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

And i bet you did it at least once in a shop window, I did.
And do you remember his catchphrase line?
" My names Harry Worth, I don't know why, but there it is"
Not funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here