Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Garoghan - what's he up to nowadays?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Dunno. I have the cds somewhere - must dig them out.
This always comes to mind when I venture West:

Class.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Terry Garoghan's last bus to Whitehawk was just about the only thing worth listening to on Southern FM/sound at the time.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Live performance of Brighton the musical at the Dome

TG - This is a local show for local people, is everyone local

Voice from back - No

TG - Where you from ?

VFB - Up North

TG - Where up north ?

VFB - Hassocks

Boom Tish

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I saw him do a gig at the Komedia a couple of years ago, and it was all Introspective acoustic guitar songs.

No comedy!

**** off baldy!

Bring back the Crocodile Comedy Club!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Never liked his stuff but I don't like comedy songs. Anywho, that's by the beside. He used to come into Virgin when I worked there in the late 90's/early 00's to drop off or pick up his "sale or return" cd's. He used to swan in like he was some VIP, ignore staff insist on seeing the manager when any one of us could have handed him back his box of unsold CD's.
I remeber him being particularly put out when he was told he'd have to head off now as a band (possibly Black Grape) were doing an instore.
I'm sure he was perfectly pleasant, just had ideas above his station I think. Anyway, I imagine comedy songs about very specific parts of a specific county only have a certain shelf life and that's probably why nobody has heard of him for ages. Can't say I miss his music.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Live performance of Brighton the musical at the Dome

TG - This is a local show for local people, is everyone local

Voice from back - No

TG - Where you from ?

VFB - Up North

TG - Where up north ?

VFB - Hassocks

Boom Tish

That was me! He was pissed off that I got one of the biggest laughs of the evening

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Never liked his stuff but I don't like comedy songs. Anywho, that's by the beside. He used to come into Virgin when I worked there in the late 90's/early 00's to drop off or pick up his "sale or return" cd's. He used to swan in like he was some VIP, ignore staff insist on seeing the manager when any one of us could have handed him back his box of unsold CD's.
I remeber him being particularly put out when he was told he'd have to head off now as a band (possibly Black Grape) were doing an instore.
I'm sure he was perfectly pleasant, just had ideas above his station I think. Anyway, I imagine comedy songs about very specific parts of a specific county only have a certain shelf life and that's probably why nobody has heard of him for ages. Can't say I miss his music.

Haven't seen you post in ages and then bamm back with a bang, great stuff!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He had some quality songs about Brighton. I think the best 2 have been posted, but I also enjoyed:

"I don't drink coffee, I drink Nescafe. I like my toast done in a toaster" :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here