Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Brighton are heading back to the Championship?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm pessimistic about our chances of survival this season but the attached article paints the bleakest picture I've seen and suggests that our final points total could rival Derby's all time low. Let's hope for some quality signings - and soon - to lessen all this negativity about our prospects. Hopefully our stay in the Premier League will prove to be long and fruitful.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/football/brighton-seagulls-headed-back-championship/

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Poorly researched and poorly written by a Millwall fan.

He might be right, of course, but he needs to write a bit better than that if he wants people to take notice.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm pessimistic about our chances of survival this season but the attached article paints the bleakest picture I've seen and suggests that our final points total could rival Derby's all time low. Let's hope for some quality signings - and soon - to lessen all this negativity about our prospects. Hopefully our stay in the Premier League will be long and fruitful.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/football/brighton-seagulls-headed-back-championship/

It's the singular opinion of a 16 year old Millwall fan. As interesting as it is, why should I feel any more negative about our prospects ?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Millwall fans have worked out how to write?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm pessimistic about our chances of survival this season but the attached article paints the bleakest picture I've seen and suggests that our final points total could rival Derby's all time low. Let's hope for some quality signings - and soon - to lessen all this negativity about our prospects. Hopefully our stay in the Premier League will prove to be long and fruitful.

Pretty much agree with that....sadly our loyalty to players will send us down and the togetherness won't last foever especially in this league.
No pace and 3 very poor strikers for this league doesn't help.
Scouting must be poor as they've had 3 months already!!!

Miracles happen though and you never know :)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Cheer up - you and a few others seem to join in every possible thread to cast doom and gloom upon our season to come. After last season (which was fantastic but I spent so much time worrying that we weren't going to make it that it was hard to actually enjoy) I am absolutely determined to enjoy this season whatever happens and if we go down then so be it. Trust in Bloom, Barber, Winstanley and Hughton to do the right thing and I'd much prefer to take our chances with the bulk of the squad that got us here than to fork out silly money on transfers and wages just for the sake of making "big" signings.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Cheer up - you and a few others seem to join in every possible thread to cast doom and gloom upon our season to come. After last season (which was fantastic but I spent so much time worrying that we weren't going to make it that it was hard to actually enjoy) I am absolutely determined to enjoy this season whatever happens and if we go down then so be it. Trust in Bloom, Barber, Winstanley and Hughton to do the right thing and I'd much prefer to take our chances with the bulk of the squad that got us here than to fork out silly money on transfers and wages just for the sake of making "big" signings.

We don't need to spend silly money - £30-£50M should be enough to ensure survival if we buy wisely; and we should now be able to afford that.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hope the pillock is eating humble pie and loads of it come next May. Until it's coming out of his ears.

I hope so too. The last thing I want to see is the club go down after all the effort that went in to securing promotion. But it's invest or bust for me.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hmmmm. Don't think I'll be too worried about the views of a self-appointed 16 year old 'expert' when the transfer window is still open for weeks to come. We all know where the weaknesses are so it's highly unlikely Chris Hughton doesn't!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lol..but then u've been pretty pessimistic for the last few seasons :D

..just think 38 cup finals

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"Even the players rumoured to be joining the club are not going to help them survive."

This bizarre statement sums up the article! What hope have we got if even the rumoured players are substandard. :(

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I could only go back 18 months but found these little gems

6.01.2016 Transfer window "Words are cheap........so there are always plenty of posts about possible signings. It's action we need and soon."

25.08.2016 1 year ago. "Another week gone by and still no permanent striker in but at least we haven't lost anyone....yet"

28.01.2017 Transfer window "We need some signings in this transfer window but it looks like we'll be doing nothing again."

These posts by the same poster. I wonder who it was?

Here's a clue "Time for bed " Boing...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here