Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aleksandar Mitrovic

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Newcastle prepared to listen to offers over £15 million - is this the sort of player re: price range & wages we should be looking at ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Newcastle prepared to listen to offers over £15 million - is this the sort of player re: price range & wages we should be looking at ?

The likely price range we'll be shopping in, I'd say, but absolutely not the right player.

Sulky, angry, big lump.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Big old no from me - talented but selfish, moody and prone to frequent toys/pram moments. If we're as diligent as we say we are about looking at players' character as well as ability before signing them, we won't even be considering him.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Nope...but I do think he would offer more of a threat than our current strikers.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just out of interest. Do we know what Newcastle paid for him?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guy has absolute bags of ability. Tall, strong, good in the air, young.

Can't see him being for us but I genuinely think he will go somewhere and score lots if made the focal point.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So they still want to make a £3m profit on a player they don't want. Just shows the state of the game at the moment.

There's little wrong with that. We bought Norwood, Skalak, and Murphy for around a £1m or so each. If we were to decide that any of those were surplus to our PL requirements, we'd still expect to sell at a tidy profit.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So they still want to make a £3m profit on a player they don't want. Just shows the state of the game at the moment.

Eh? How is there a problem making money on a player, surely If they had paid a huge amount and sold him at a great loss this would back your point up, surely selling at a profit is good business sense.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Rather take Deigo Rolan who is available for a lot less and would fit in with the strikers we have in the 'Baldock' type role.

Why? CH has quite clearly said that we'll start the season with a 4-4-1-1 formation, citing that we'll need more solidity in the PL, which means that Baldock's opportunities will be more limited this season. Gross has been brought to play the advanced role (ACM/number 10), whereas I suspect Baldock will only come on when we change formation to 4-4-2 when chasing a game. What we need is a rapid goalscoring striker to play up-top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here