Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is Solly's season

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Can't help but feel that a fully fit March will be the star of the show for us this season.
It obviously needs him to stay fit and injury free, but I really think he has what takes to go all the way.
Not as flashy as Knocky but I think he could be the better player in the Prem.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can't help but feel that a fully fit March will be the star of the show for us this season.
It obviously needs him to stay fit and injury free, but I really think he has what takes to go all the way.

I agree but the downside of this is he'll be off in January - he won't want to stay in a side that's relegation bound and struggling to score goals.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I agree but the downside of this is he'll be off in January - he won't want to stay in a side that's relegation bound and struggling to score goals.

Have some faith. I think we may all be surprised this season. Don't let the half empty buggers get you down.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

At least he won't have that clown, John 'honestly I can still play PL' Terry clattering into him, in the PL!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not convinced it is. I think he is too easily intimidated. He has had one purple patch and I think since the injury it has affected him quite badly.

I hope it is but I am yet to be convinced but he does have potential if he can get some confidence fearlessness back, then who knows.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I think he's special. I also thought Lewis was special when he was diving in giving penalties and red cards away every week ??? We will do better than people think and Solly and Lewis will be critical because they are Sussex boys

D

Deleted member 2719

I am not convinced it is. I think he is too easily intimidated. He has had one purple patch and I think since the injury it has affected him quite badly.

I hope it is but I am yet to be convinced but he does have potential if he can get some confidence fearlessness back, then who knows.

With an asset such as Solly March surely our coaches will be working on his mental side of the game also???

On his day he is unplayable IMO.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I think you're being a tad harsh. He showed signs of absolute class on his return to the side at the start of the year. Yes he wasn't consistently excellent, but he's young, he'd been out for a year and he didn't exactly play every game, so I think you're being rather harsh.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
He's also going to have the element of surprise on his side, at least for the first half of the season. I know Pep is a very well prepared coach and all that, but will he actually know about Solly?
I can't wait to see him run at some class full backs, that is of course if we ever have the ball

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He's also going to have the element of surprise on his side, at least for the first half of the season. I know Pep is a very well prepared coach and all that, but will he actually know about Solly?
I can't wait to see him run at some class full backs, that is of course if we ever have the ball

Yeh, he'd know. He's been playing in the Championship, not the Scottish highlands.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Have thought about Sollys role in the side this year, he has two ways to go, either up or down as he is no longer the breakthrough player, he has been around the first team for four years. He has the ability, grows with confidence but must impose himself on the game. I remember seeing Glenn Murray chastising him last season for not chasing the ball. Maybe he's here for the twinkle toes 'Alan Hinton' position, he could be the difference between staying up or going down, but we must see a performance, consistently from him this season. Cmon Solly!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Big season for Solly IMO. He has the ability to become a star without a doubt, but time to make a breakthrough is starting to run out. He hasn't had a lot of luck with injuries and that has undoubtedly set him back. Before the ACL I thought he was just starting to really look the real deal, but as yet he hasn't got back to that level. He should get a full pre season in and if he can get in the team and then play to his true potential we could have a great player on our hands. Lot of if's in there though...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
With an asset such as Solly March surely our coaches will be working on his mental side of the game also???

On his day he is unplayable IMO.

Sadly No. I don't think he is un playable. I think he is very predictable. You can kick him early doors and he is very much playable. You are correct though. They will work on that with him

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here