Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downgrade Sky Sports to football only

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Anyone here worked out how to downgrade Sky Sports to football only?
I never watch any other sports, so want to take the new £18 pm football-only deal - but Sky's very annoying website only seems to allow upgrades, not downgrades.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Premier League is one channel and then football is another separate channel. So if you wanted to watch Football League/League Cup/La Liga then you will need both channels

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'll be interested the extent to which sky tie you in to contract periods for changes (12 / 18 month).

My 6 monthly agreement is due up next month so I need to try negotiate this soon. Guarantee they will mess me around and make me cancel before coming back with an offer to continue. I don't really care how long I get tied in so long as I am happy with the deal they offer. To be honest it gets tiresome having to ring up every 6 month and have to threaten to leave

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I've always wanted this to be an option. I don't want cricket rugby cycling golf pool F1 etc etc, I only watch football. And it annoys me that I have to pay for all the Sky Sports channels (don't even know how many there are any more!) when I'm only using 20% of them!

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
They have never given the option to downgrade online so will have to phone them yet. Not done so yet as I want to reduce payments to just have football. Suspect I might be offered a short term deal to keep the whole lot.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm aware that HD is much better that non-HD viewing.
However when I restarted my SkySports package (£15) recently I was offered non-HD for half the price of HD.
It's worth asking the question. (SkyMovies is still in HD - £5 extra)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Premier League is one channel and then football is another separate channel. So if you wanted to watch Football League/League Cup/La Liga then you will need both channels

I think, From the phone call I just made, that all football is included in the football package. And SSN is now on the entertainment variety package, I thought you had to have SS to get SSN, so that's a good thing, bin SS, get one of those dodgy boxes for the footie.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Call them up, tell them you want to cancel your entire Sky package, and take your pick from the number of 'ad hoc' offers the customer service person brings to the table.

Goes to show how large their profit margin must be if they can afford to slash your monthly bill in half to keep you.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think, From the phone call I just made, that all football is included in the football package. And SSN is now on the entertainment variety package, I thought you had to have SS to get SSN, so that's a good thing, bin SS, get one of those dodgy boxes for the footie.

Do you need the entertainment pack in order to get sky football or can you buy the footie on its own?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you need the entertainment pack in order to get sky football or can you buy the footie on its own?

That's not a question I asked, as the entertainment variety pack is the one I'd accept paying for as I watch a lot of the channels on it.

Now, the BBC license fee, that's one I'd happily stop paying and wouldn't miss anything the BBC shows.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Seems you will be tied into a 18 month contract, and if you currently have the movie package, that price will increase when you stop the current sports bundle and go to TV only.

Would be interested to hear how much you save once you downgrade

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Ring the cancellation department and say you're not happy, let them make a deal with you, and then say you'll only take the football for a knocked down price. £££

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Icant get sky as I live abroad now . But I have IPTV for £10 a month which gives me 500 channels or so . all the sky sports / bt sports and American sports channels so I'm hoping I should be able to see all the albions games . All you need is a good internet connection and a way to stream it. its not perfect but at the price.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here