Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over a quarter of new babies born to foreign mothers...

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Quote from 2015 ONS survey;

“The rising percentage of births to women born outside the UK is largely due to foreign born women making up an increasing share of the female population of childbearing age in England and Wales. Part of the reason for this is that migrants are more likely to be working-age adults rather than children or older people. Alongside their increasing share of the population, higher fertility among women born outside the UK has also had an impact.”

Elizabeth McLaren, Vital Statistics Outputs Branch, Office for National Statistics

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The fuzzy wuzzies will take over and we will all be forced to eat maize and drink Bantu beer.

Enoch Powell was dead right.

Were dooomed

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We knew this before the referendum. The point being that we either need to increase indigenous birthrates or encourage immigration or we are going to seriously run out of workforce and have a pensions timebomb in future.

With no sign of an uptick in our own birthrates, EU immigration, with a high proportion of young, single people with similar cultural values to the UK, is probably the best option. However we have set ourselves on a path where most immigration will be sought from countries outside the EU, such as the Indian subcontinent, from where people seem to have a harder time integrating / being integrated into our society and are more likely to bring dependent family members with them such as the elderly or young children who tend to require more of public services.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Given the figures, 504,000 babies were born to mothers of English/Welsh origin. With a death rate of 525,048 in the same year, I'd say that we were trying to level up the playing field. It's the increased immigration, and births from those outside the UK that are creating a growth in population. Regardless of the ageing population, I would rather the country take a leaf out of China's books and get to a negative increase.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Lets take back control of our babies.

benny_hill_union_jack_british_flag_.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We're getting old pretty quickly. We need young people to keep the economy ticking over.
Yeah carry on screwing us over to pay for the problems the old have caused [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
EXCELLENT news! Can only improve the gene pool and hasten the demise of the homegrown chav benefits dynasty :thumbsup:

It doesn't work like that, the "Chavs" are the ones who are breeding the middle class are not, coupled with those that breed with their first cousins this is not good. It doesn't solve the problem and lays open the charge of white genocide or more moderatley "The great replacement".

Banning abortion would solve it otherwise the problems not going away. Coupled with the lefts continual race baiting and identity politics it could well get nasty fast.

D

Deleted member 22389

I understand why people want to leave their countries for a better life, but in the end this place will become no better from where they came from. Over population is a serious issue for all, because it limits people's opportunities to get on.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I understand why people want to leave their countries for a better life, but in the end this place will become no better from where they came from. Over population is a serious issue for all, because it limits people's opportunities to get on.

Don't worry, it will start falling in a few years, as us baby boomers start dying off.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It doesn't work like that, the "Chavs" are the ones who are breeding the middle class are not, coupled with those that breed with their first cousins this is not good.

If you haven't seen it already a film called Idiocracy (2006) covers this, and quite amusing it is too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here