Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: Bus Key

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I have a The Key card, I just purchased a 28 day saver online because I fly back to the UK later today. How long does it normally take to activate? It said "up to 24 hours" on the website, but not untiil AFTER I'd paid!

Does it normally go quicker than that? Most importantly, is it likely to work when I get into Brighton late tonight?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I have a The Key card, I just purchased a 28 day saver online because I fly back to the UK later today. How long does it normally take to activate? It said "up to 24 hours" on the website, but not untiil AFTER I'd paid!

Does it normally go quicker than that? Most importantly, is it likely to work when I get into Brighton late tonight?

I haven't used the Key before but in my experience of things like mobile phones being up and running when you buy a new one but keep the same number, it very rarely takes the 24 hours. That's just to cover the relevant company. You should be fine.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks everyone. I guess iif I have to pay for one single from the station it won't be the end of the world. I'll just have to make sure I get some pounds at the airport.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not available till the morning of next day according to:
https://www.smartbuses.co.uk/smart-card/faq/buying-tickets-for-the-key/9/

'Your new ticket will be loaded onto your key the day after you buy it, providing that you make your purchase before 9pm. This is to allow our buses to receive this information overnight.'

Yeah, this is the correct answer in my experience. You do, occasionally, luck out and have it available the same day, but next day is by far the most common outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here