• Yes - but only when people contact me via it

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One of NSC's advertising partners just sent an email to a group of site owners asking for our details to be added to their WhatsApp group.

What I thought was interesting was what seemed to be an assumption that everyone uses WhatsApp.

I have it on my phone but I think I've only used it 4 or 5 times, and only when someone has sent me a message there (and I've no idea why they chose that medium to do so).

So, do you use WhatsApp? How ubiquitous is it?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My most used app. Couldn't be without it

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Use it more than anything else. Free telephone/video calls from Spain to UK to stay in touch with family. Mrs BS talks to her brother in Australia without thinking of cost. Easy to send photos....whats not to like?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
One of NSC's advertising partners just sent an email to a group of site owners asking for our details to be added to their WhatsApp group.

What I thought was interesting was what seemed to be an assumption that everyone uses WhatsApp.

I have it on my phone but I think I've only used it 4 or 5 times, and only when someone has sent me a message there (and I've no idea why they chose that medium to do so).

All the time but exclusively for messaging, almost nobody uses SMS/Skype or other alternatives to reach me anymore.

Uses data instead of network, very useful and I wouldn't blame them for assuming that everyone/most people use it as that is consistent with my experiences.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes, I use it a lot to keep in touch with my family.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Use it more than anything else. Free telephone/video calls from Spain to UK to stay in touch with family. Mrs BS talks to her brother in Australia without thinking of cost. Easy to send photos....whats not to like?

Everyone I need contact with has an iPhone so FaceTime is used. Maybe that's why I don't use it.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Its brilliant for adding multiple people and sending media. Not so good when you read a message from the mrs and ignore it because of the blue ticks.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I use whatsapp as a texting substitute. The advantages are you can send photos for free which i do to certain people quite a lot if i need to show them something. The other advantage is you get notifications when the message has been received and then opened.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I use it all the time but only for group messaging. On my Android phone, group messages get sent as picture messages so would cost me a fortune if I used the norrmal messaging service.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I use it more than any other messaging service. Obviously it's particularly useful for keeping in touch with UK friends and family. I use FB Messenger too, but I've gone off it since they started adding pointless extra features which I will never use, and can't be hidden.
[MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION] does keep sending me pictures of a black guy with a massive cock on WhatsApp. I now know what he spends his time doing on the internet.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Didn't realise how much I used it until I noticed my text usage for the month on my contract was almost zero!

As said, free photos, free messages and calls - what's not to like.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Its brilliant for adding multiple people and sending media. Not so good when you read a message from the mrs and ignore it because of the blue ticks.

Just switch the phone to 'flight mode' before reading message - it does not then show it's been read. Don't tell the misses I told you!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lots of group usage. Use it to organise my son's football team's training & fixtures, monthly poker night, Albion tickets & work whereabouts to name but 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here