Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Lawrence

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Leicester winger, on loan at Ipswich last season. Played a blinder against us at the Amex. There is a loose link via that HITC site as apparently the odds for us signing him have shifted quickly in the last 24 hours.

Available for around £7m, I have no idea if we are interested but I did think after the Ipswich game that I would like to sign him if he became available.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/1...hton-signing-leicesters-tom-lawrence-aston-v/

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Would take him as I think he's a better option than other wingers we have. 7m seems a bit steep though.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
£7m is a lot, but proved himself at championship level last season. Worth a gamble. How old is he, would he have to be named in the 25 man squad?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I saw him a couple of times last season. More of a number ten than a winger, I thought. Looked top class in the Championship, can hit the target from anywhere within 30 yards, picks out a pass well. Whether he'd succeed in the Premier League is, of course, another matter.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I saw him a couple of times last season. More of a number ten than a winger, I thought. Looked top class in the Championship, can hit the target from anywhere within 30 yards, picks out a pass well. Whether he'd succeed in the Premier League is, of course, another matter.

Agree. All of his best work was picking the ball up centrally and driving forward, can't recall seeing him out wide much. Similar type to Cairney in my view.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very impressed with him indeed. Given how badly Leicester were playing at the time of his loan I was surprised he wasn't recalled. Would be a good signing imo.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not only scores goals, gets a lot of assists too.Looked Ipswich's best player by a mile last season. Its a yes from me

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We have made 3 excellent signings so far.

2-3 years ago I wasn't impressed with Lawrence but sounds like he did very well last season. Very realistic signing that would improve us and like the sound of him being able to play behind striker or wider. Good age too so if wages are right get him in ^_^

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here