Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current squad...

DH12

Jan 7, 2016
Southsea
So, with a lack of signings in recent times (forgetting the failed medical of Neto and the deliberated signing of Suttner), this is the squad we currently have as it stands:
Brighton Squad:

1-GK: Mathew Ryan
2-GK: Niki Maenpaa
3-GK: Robert Sanchez

4-CB: Lewis Dunk
5-CB: Shane Duffy
6-CB: Uwe Hunemier
7-CB: Connor Goldson

8-RB: Bruno Saltor
9-RB: Liam Rosenior
10-LB: Markus Suttner
11-LB: Gaetan Bong

12-CM: Beram Kayal
13-CM: Dale Stephens
14-CM: Steve Sidwell
15-CM: Oliver Norwood
16-CM: Rohan Ince

17-RM: Anthony Knockaert
18-RM: Jiri Skalak
19-LM: Solly March
20-LM: Jamie Murphy

21-AM: Pascal Groß
22-AM: Richie Towell

23-ST: Glenn Murray
24-ST: Tomer Hemed
25-ST: Sam Baldock

Left out:
26-CM: Josh Kerr
27-LM: Kazenga Lua-Lua

Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone, but is the general panic misplaced? This is a decent 25 man squad, although unlikely to set the prem alight, and with some loans, a couple of big signings (45 days left) and a few tweaks seems promising to me, or am I totally misguided in my optimism? Personally, I would loan Ince, Towell and Sanchez, possibly look to sell Skalak & Lua-Lua, keep Kerr in the Dev squad, get in another striker, winger, centre mid and vet keeper. What are others thoughts?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Our forward line is simply not strong enough for the Premier League as it currently signs. We need two good quality strikers and a winger at the very least if we're to stand any chance of competing this year. I'm broadly content with the rest of the squad though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
good squad but pretty sure would come bottom.

Keep them all and should be up there challenging again the year after

Apr 15, 2016
N1D
I agree and maybe a cb who can also play rb. We should sell Lualua, Skalak and maybe Murphy depending on weather we bring in a winger or two.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I fear that squad is not good enough, as it stands. But here is still time, and the trickle-down factor from the big boys is operating.

It does depend what people expect, if they're happy to have a season with the cream, go down and come back stronger, then we probably have enough to do just that. If people want to stay up, then we might struggle

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
As others have said, once the other side's have finalised their transfer plans and squads are complete there will be more opportunities for us.

Currently lacking in a few areas but the club will certainly realise this too. I would expect additional spending in the region of 20-30 million, 1 or 2 loans adding another 3 or 4 players total with starting XI quality.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

Players not good enough to START matches in The Prem, in my opinion, not to say they can't play a part off the bench... But it's clear we still need signings, especially ones that can score goals.

Think we're alright at the back, maybe one more full back to be safe, maybe a centre mid too if Kayal can't get back to what he once was as Sidwell is knocking on a bit, major work needed up front.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Same ol' same 'ol. Only one quality striker. Say GM gets crocked in a friendly? We just keep on signing defenders and midfielders.

Anybody would think we were actually TARGETING the parachute payments. ???

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
That 25 man squad makes me feel sick, we are so not PL ready on the pitch it's embarrassing.

We need to bring in five to have a chance to survive right now minimum.

FWIW I wiped out the players that weren't good enough for the Championship let alone the Prem. We still have to add four to our ranks to even make the 25 although I just read below Sanchez doesn't count, so we have a 20 man squad that MAY be capable. A striker, a CAM, a winger and a CM are what's needed.

6-CB: Uwe Hunemier*

15-RM: Anthony Knockaert
16-LM: Solly March
17-LM: Jamie Murphy

18-AM: Pascal Groß

19-ST: Glenn Murray
20-ST: Tomer Hemed
21-ST: Sam Baldock

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
For what it's worth, which is very little as no doubt we'll sign another keeper anyway, Sanchez wouldn't count towards the 25 man squad as he's under 21.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That 25 man squad makes me feel sick, we are so not PL ready on the pitch it's embarrassing.

We need to bring in five to have a chance to survive right now minimum.
Agree as it stands it's pretty awful and if the likes of skalak,Norwood and maybe sidwell are goner be in the 25 then you can see us being the ultimate whipping boys this season.
Even lua lua is getting friendly match time???
Promoted with 3 weeks to spare and not a lot has happened and isn't likely too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Same ol' same 'ol. Only one quality striker. Say GM gets crocked in a friendly? We just keep on signing defenders and midfielders.

Anybody would think we were actually TARGETING the parachute payments. ???

I thnk we will have to wait on the striker, a lot of our targets may not have become available yet, the striker and winger I expect to be done late on in the window, hopefully before the season kicks off..but if not happy to go with GM for a few games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
the striker and winger I expect to be done late on in the window, hopefully before the season kicks off..but if not happy to go with GM for a few games.

Same. But with Knocky currently crocked, delivery to GM remains a worry.

Ah well, f*ck it, we'll either sink or swim. Be nice to swim tho eh?

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016

Players not good enough to START matches in The Prem, in my opinion, not to say they can't play a part off the bench... But it's clear we still need signings, especially ones that can score goals.

Think we're alright at the back, maybe one more full back to be safe, maybe a centre mid too if Kayal can't get back to what he once was as Sidwell is knocking on a bit, major work needed up front.

Agree with this, and whilst I believe Ince, Towell, Sanchez won't make the 25 man squad I do believe Norwood & Skalak will, who both failed to impress last season in a promotion winning side.

On the sharp end of the team I really struggle to see our current 3 being a threat to top half to mid table PL teams.

Hemed - At 30 he is at his peak and unlikely to get better, with a fit Murray & Baldock he couldn't get in the side last season and IMO is a bit better than average Championship striker.

Baldock - Could be useful if he carries last seasons form into the PL, but still not prolific enough and is he a loan striker figure if we play alot of 1 up top? Has pace but doesn't have the muscle.

Murray - Our best striker who turns 34 soon, both Palace and Bourmuff PL survivors deemed him not good enough for PL. Whilst I believe he can do a job as a bit part he really isn't going to rip it up.

2 quality strikers in and maybe one of the current 3 out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here