Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you wet shave?

I always have, and have used Gillette Fusion Power for years, but I'm thinking of making a change, just for the hell of it.

Lots of ads on here for https://www.harrys.com/en/gb has anybody used them? I'm thinking of taking up the free trial.

I only shave two or three times a week and then only cheeks and neck as I have a goatee.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I always have, and have used Gillette Fusion Power for years, but I'm thinking of making a change, just for the hell of it.

Lots of ads on here for https://www.harrys.com/en/gb has anybody used them? I'm thinking of taking up the free trial.

I only shave two or three times a week and then only cheeks and neck as I have a goatee.

Grow a beard. I've had one for over a year now. After 30 years of shaving everyday, it's bliss.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm lazy and TRIM in the car on the way to work because I give very little hoots about appearance :lolol:

I wet shave as a TREAT every now and then because I got a nice Cornerstone personalised razor on a promotion recently and it makes me feel SPECIAL.

I'm not wet shave expert but the razor is brilliant.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do wet shave, and I think it's ridiculous the price they charge for replacement razor blades (those Gillette style ones).... I think there is definitely scope for new players to enter the market and thrive.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes as dry shaving never seemed to get very close. Only about 2-3 times a week except have to do top lip most days.

Free trials have always seemed interesting but I wouldn't want to have to do the whole sign up with card info and then cancel thing to avoid being signed onto some dodgy deal after 'x' days/weeks

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Grew a beard about 20 years ago out of laziness. Trim it once a week.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Funny thing Cadiz, that's just how I pictured you, with a goatee! I also have one some of the time, and like you only need to shave two or three times is a week. I have used a Gillette Fusion ever since they were introduced, and have to say that l love the product, and feel to need to change.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Have always wet shaved but since I retired, only do so once, maybe twice a week which is much kinder to the skin.

I did have something of a shaving epiphany last year and started using a shaving brush and soap rather than shaving gel. The results are remarkable. Much cheaper to start off with as the shaving soap lasts much longer than gel, a closer shave and far fewer ingrown hairs under my chin/on neck. Apparently this is because using a brush exfoliates the skin, then lifts and holds the hairs in suspension rather than flattening them which applying a gel with your fingers can do.

Get my razor blades from here; https://beardedcolonel.co.uk/ Decent blades at a fair price imo.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
I do wet shave, and I think it's ridiculous the price they charge for replacement razor blades (those Gillette style ones).... I think there is definitely scope for new players to enter the market and thrive.

this and I refuse to pay the replacement blade price so just buy a new razor every couple months and use the one that comes with it!! Only shave 1-2 times a week so usually suffices!!

Will be trying out that free trial though!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No. I've tried around 6 or 7 times in my life, and every single time I've ended up with scores of tiny pinpricks on my neck. These buggers bleed for ever, even if I use that stick that stings a bit and/or apply toilet roll. I have to wait until they've all stopped bleeding - typically 30-40 minutes - before getting dressed, otherwise I end up with a bloody collar.

Sod that for a game of soldiers.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have done for the last 30 years.
I currently use shaving soap and a brush to lather up, then once over with a straight razor, lather again and smooth it off with a double edge safety razor (Edwin Jagger DE89, £23 from Amazon). I seem to get much less shaving rash this way compared to 3/4/5/38 blade disposables.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No. I've tried around 6 or 7 times in my life, and every single time I've ended up with scores of tiny pinpricks on my neck. These buggers bleed for ever, even if I use that stick that stings a bit and/or apply toilet roll. I have to wait until they've all stopped bleeding - typically 30-40 minutes - before getting dressed, otherwise I end up with a bloody collar.

Sod that for a game of soldiers.

Years a go I switched to sensitive skin shaving foam, which is the same cost, and it stopped that reaction.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Grow a beard. I've had one for over a year now. After 30 years of shaving everyday, it's bliss.

Indeed, I shaved my beard off back in February, then got cheesed off shaving again every day, so grew it back instantly.

Will be gutted when they go back out of fashion, which they inevitably will.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Haven't had a wet shave since I was about 16, all about the trim

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here