Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will the next Tory leader

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As Mrs Mays time although not over just yet I know but it cannot be long the bookies have Moggs as the front runner!

I cannot see Moggs getting the job it would be a throw back to a time...............?

Let me start this off:

Mogg a time for tea time

Mogg a time when Acid went into the cars battery

Mogg a time for sensible bed time

Mogg a time to care about ones self time

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It can't be Mogg. BBC presenters will have to go back to reading the news in dinner jackets and bow ties and horse drawn milkfloats reintroduced... traditionally,Tory front runners don't get the job.
Expect a current unknown to get the gig as most, if not all, of the current cabinet are toxic.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I started writing something and realised I didn't have a clue what I was talking about, and so I deleted it.
Whatever your political leaning, we are sailing towards some tough times and I reckon now isn't the time to be taking on any unnecessary personal debt.
Basically, we are in the sh1t and it's going to get worse whoever the leader of the country or the conservative party is.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Priti Patel would be a good fit. Mogg is as much a caricature as Boris is, whilst we might chuckle at his extensive knowledge of the English language and eccentric foibles, under the veneer, he is as Johnson is; a deeply unpleasant individual.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Priti Patel would be a good fit. Mogg is as much a caricature as Boris is, whilst we might chuckle at his extensive knowledge of the English language and eccentric foibles, under the veneer, he is as Johnson is; a deeply unpleasant individual.

Priti Patel would be a brave move.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just two months ago a buoyant Theresa May's manifesto contained a free vote on fox hunting. It didn't make the Queen's Speech but - metaphorically - it looks like she'll get her wish, only this time SHE is the fox and her Cabinet are the pack of hounds about to rip her to pieces.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think Jacob Rees Mogg would be brilliant for Brexit. So quintessentially British, so well spoken, so unflappable, would be so good in these showpiece negotiations soundbites. Bring on the Mogg.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the expert were all predicting that the leader of the Sottish Conservatives, whose name alludes me, was the favourite to succeed Theresa May i and when she goes. I am sure somebody will give me her name but I dont really care as long as it is somebody who will continue to make Corbyn look stupid and not an alternative option.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I thought that the experts were predicting that the leader of the Scottish Conservatives, whose name alludes me, would succeeds Theresa May if and when she goes. I am sure somebody will give me her name.

If you are talking about Ruth Davidson, she is a Member of the Scottish Parliament... so does not qualify to be PM.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They've had women leaders and openly gay people in senior positions for yonks. They've been ready for years. It's the Labour Party that's well behind the times.

Absolutely. Barmy that the Labour party is progressive in many ways but utterly backward in others.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Absolutely. Barmy that the Labour party is progressive in many ways but utterly backward in others.
They've had women only shortlists for years and even then whilst the Tories last leadership contest came down to 2 women, Labour still had 2 middle-class, middle-aged white blokes.

Even now Labour tell us that somehow having Corbyn as PM would be better for feminism than Theresa May. Go figure.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

Underneath he is an unpleasant individual? And you know this how? I've no idea what he is like, I've never met him. Have you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here