Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HS 2 routes

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Have noticed that as usual nothing included for a route south of London or any improvements in links to South Coast or along the South Coast. Also total silence on A27 improvements east of Lewes,
I think money could be better spent on various regional projects rather than high speed line which only the rich can afford to use.
One nation ! I think not and I am normally a Tory voter

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Have noticed that as usual nothing included for a route south of London or any improvements in links to South Coast or along the South Coast. Also total silence on A27 improvements east of Lewes,
I think money could be better spent on various regional projects rather than high speed line which only the rich can afford to use.

Come up here and preach this to the locals of Middlesex and Buckinghamshire :thumbsup:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The south of England is not as important as we'd like to think. It's all about the north, especially Manchester. Times are a changing!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why we are talking HS2 when I believe not even a sod of turf has been moved in anger for HS1 is totally beyond me

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have you seen what they're doing to the A21 near Tunbridge Wells & Tonbridge, swathes of woodland being dug up in the name of improvements!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Have you seen what they're doing to the A21 near Tunbridge Wells & Tonbridge, swathes of woodland being dug up in the name of improvements!
About bloody time too, if you lived round here you'd understand why. Sadly costing about 10 times what it would have if it had been done when first proposed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
HS1 is open and been going for some time

OK maybe a matter of rhetoric the issue is nothing has happened with HS2 yet but they are talking about the extension in effect

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
HS2 is a regional project, just not our region.

would be great to see improvements to the A27 but isnt going to happen while the nimbys and protestors out-vocal the rest of the population. they get organised and campaign against, so its not worth the trouble of local or national politcans to fight. if we had protests for building and infrastructure, we might get some.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
About bloody time too, if you lived round here you'd understand why. Sadly costing about 10 times what it would have if it had been done when first proposed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I guess it's the same as the new link road around Bexhill.
It was on the cards when I was at school, being talked about for years, then gets the green light with added costs.
Honestly, I do realise these roads are needed, but it's a shame that all the countryside gets dug up.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
OK maybe a matter of rhetoric the issue is nothing has happened with HS2 yet but they are talking about the extension in effect

HS2 started over 18 months ago... even longer if you count the upgrades and changes to Birmingham New Street, also large amount of work done round Old Oak Common in NW London.

Wasn't today about how the next proposed route is going Sheffield way ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 23.33.00.png

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Shorter rail times. but when Sky or BT move the kick off times, we still won't be able to get there by train for a lunchtime kick off, or back from an evening game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shorter rail times. but when Sky or BT move the kick off times, we still won't be able to get there by train for a lunchtime kick off, or back from an evening game.
And even if they built HS3 from London to Brighton, you'd get dumped in Brighton in the middle of the night after an evening away match, with no public transport to get you home to the surrounding towns and villages.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
HS2 - a vanity project by a government that is out of touch with the people.
Also a jobs for the boys project - and contracts to mates.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lodon to Birmingham is about 120 miles and currently takes around 80 minutes. That's twice as quick as Brighton or Eastbourne (which are rammed during rush hour).
If huge investment is needed it's not hard to see where.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

The idea was to link London with the 'Northern powerhouse' https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/hs2-and-the-northern-powerhouse

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
HS2 - a vanity project by a government that is out of touch with the people.
Also a jobs for the boys project - and contracts to mates.

Spot on. Total waste of a HUGE amount of money. It's estimated that it would cost about 10% of HS2 to roll out super fast broadband to the whole country and by the time this project is finished the majority of meetings will be done online anyway.

See also Hinkley Point. But apparently the country is skint. :ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here