Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hand painted Boba Fett helmet

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A while back I had the chance to meet Jeremy Bulloch, I'm a huge Star Wars fan (I know, I'm a grown man so I'm prepared for the abuse.) and I collect autographs, I have a number of signed photos and also a Darth Vader helmet signed by Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones so I wanted a Boba Fett helmet signed by Jeremy Bulloch. I didn't have much cash so had to settle for a cheap looking Rubies helmet. They look cack and have bizarre brush marks on them like a small child has tried to paint it. After I had it signed, I was a little disappointed with the way it looked so decided to paint it myself.
Below are the before and after shots of the helmet. Now I'm no artist so it's not a stunning work of art, and it also isn't 100% accurate to the dents/scratches from the films, but I'm really happy that I didn't ruin the helmet and happy with how it turned out, especially as I've been painting with a broken hand.

Are there any of you that do similar things? If so, stick a photo on here.

fett 4.jpg
fett 3.jpg
fett.jpg
fett 2.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .............ha ha ha ha ha...........ha ha ....are you for ....haha ha ha ha .....are you ...ha ha ha ha ..........haha ha h ahahb aaaaaaaaa.....ffs i mean ffs .....

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .............ha ha ha ha ha...........ha ha ....are you for ....haha ha ha ha .....are you ...ha ha ha ha ..........haha ha h ahahb aaaaaaaaa.....ffs i mean ffs .....

I don't get it.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
OK I know nothing of Star Wars and who are the stars etc but why did you paint over the signature?

I didn't paint over the signature, it's on the front. I painted around it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It's clearly visible in pictures 2 3 and 4 but not in the re-painted first picture unless I'm losing my marbles.

All photos are showing the front.

Are you on a wind up? He has clearly made it look distressed. thats the paint job he is refering to!

Looks like a decent job, will you now sell it on?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Are you on a wind up? He has clearly made it look distressed. thats the paint job he is refering to!

Those are pictures of it re-painted.

Boba Fett's helmet was far from pristine, see below.

boba-fett-helmet1.jpg

Ah it's all clear as mud now.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It's clearly visible in pictures 2 3 and 4 but not in the re-painted first picture unless I'm losing my marbles.

All photos are showing the front.

The 1st photo is the "before" shot.....

As a SW fan (& collector in my younger days) I like it - youve done a good job on it.

Apart from all the usual toys etc, I have Jeremy Bulloch & Kenny Baker signed film cells on my wall at work right beside me (that my wife got for me at a signing at the old Athena in Churchill Sq.) Treasured.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

No plans to sell it on just yet.
I was offered a few hundred for the signed Vader helmet but turned it down.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The 1st photo is the "before" shot.....

As a SW fan (& collector in my younger days) I like it - youve done a good job on it.

Apart from all the usual toys etc, I have Jeremy Bulloch & Kenny Baker signed film cells on my wall at work right beside me (that my wife got for me at a signing at the old Athena in Churchill Sq.) Treasured.

Apart from Peter Mayhew and Alec Guinness, I have autographed photos from all the main original cast and the cast of episode VII.
Mine are only worth a couple of thousand, my neighbour is a major collector of all things sci-fi, from the 50's onwards, his collection is upwards of £150k.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think I've wandered into an alternate universe ......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here