Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING. Watch Out For...

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
This morning on Farmer road between Woodingdean and The Amex I saw a cyclist with a massive tailback of cars behind him. Saw the same thing last week in the middle of rush hour.

Will some one inform these lycra clad freaks that there is a ****ing cycle path alongside the road...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This morning on Farmer road between Woodingdean and The Amex I saw a cyclist with a massive tailback of cars behind him. Saw the same thing last week in the middle of rush hour.

Will some one inform these lycra clad freaks that there is a ****ing cycle path alongside the road...

You don't sound the sharpest tool in the box.

There is no compunction as a cyclist to use the cycle lane. Indeed some of these dedicated paths are of poor quality and design and are quite dangerous for the cyclist.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
You don't sound the sharpest tool in the box.

There is no compunction as a cyclist to use the cycle lane. Indeed some of these dedicated paths are of poor quality and design and are quite dangerous for the cyclist.

Auto correct bud.

The path is fine. The only reason to stay on that stretch of road would be to piss off motorists.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

The cyclists of whom you speak purposely don't use cycle paths because they feel being on the road is their right. I'll always use a cycle path when I can, for safety more than anything, rather than have some idiot in a car go by me at 50mph+ and inches away. When on the roads, if I'm aware of traffic building behind me I'll always pull in when I can to let it go by. I also don't wear Lycra.

We're all individuals on bikes, as we are in cars.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Auto correct bud.

The path is fine. The only reason to stay on that stretch of road would be to piss off motorists.

You have an odd way of thinking if you believe a cyclist would do that. Roads are far better maintained than cycle paths even allowing for the odd pothole.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Auto correct bud.

The path is unsuitable for road tyres, it's all gravel. I would use Falmer Road as well, I'd rather slow down traffic than get a puncture from one of the many stones and rocks from the path.

People need to relax on the road, a few seconds here and there won't make any difference.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The cyclists of whom you speak purposely don't use cycle paths because they feel being on the road is their right. I'll always use a cycle path when I can, for safety more than anything, rather than have some idiot in a car go by me at 50mph+ and inches away. When on the roads, if I'm aware of traffic building behind me I'll always pull in when I can to let it go by. I also don't wear Lycra.

I see plenty of cyclists using the path, so I'm not having a pop at all cyclists.

What I am saying is the ones who do opt to use the road are the lycra power ranger divvies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The cyclists of whom you speak purposely don't use cycle paths because they feel being on the road is their right.
Good of you to speak for up to 2-5 million people.
Do you also speak on behalf of the population of Namibia, Botswana, or Qatar?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The path is unsuitable for road tyres, it's all gravel. I would use Falmer Road as well, I'd rather slow down traffic than get a puncture from one of the many stones and rocks from the path.

People need to relax on the road, a few seconds here and there won't make any difference.

Takes a few seconds to get from The Amex to Woodingdean on a bike does it? Interesting.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Drivers are such angry people.
It's not solely your road, no matter how much you believe it to be, just chill out.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
You have an odd way of thinking if you believe a cyclist would do that.

Why else would they do it? You have to be a wanker of the very highest to hold up loads of cars when there is a perfectly usable path alongside the road. Got to be far safer as well. I know which I would pick if I was on a bike.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Drivers are such angry people.
It's not solely your road, no matter how much you believe it to be, just chill out.

If my experience of the recent London to Brighton bike ride is anything to go by I'd suggest cyclists are also angry people who think the road is solely theirs.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Why else would they do it? You have to be a wanker of the very highest to hold up loads of cars when there is a perfectly usable path alongside the road. Got to be far safer as well. I know which I would pick if I was on a bike.

I think you have the council to thank. In their infinite wisdom, as has been pointed out, it's all gravel and therefore unsuitable for anything but mountain bikes. If it were tarmaced then you'd be right, but no cyclist in their right mind is going to risk an almost certain puncture.

Therein lies the rub with cycle paths, the vast majority are unsuitable for normal use.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I personally support the idea of plain clothed cyclists on the streets of Brighton. Not because I'm a cyclist myself but because it might deter the stupid f**ks from running red f**king lights.

I put an FOI request in with Sussex police asking how many penalty notices they handed out to cyclists for jumping red lights in all of 2016. The answer? 5. Mind-boggling because what prompted my request in the first place was nearly being knocked down three times in one f**king day. Ignorant dipshits.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here