Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Isn't doctor who for kids?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't know, I do think the gender change seems maybe a bit unnecessary, don't know the actress at all though. We shall have to see how her performance is and judge her individually on that, but I'm not a big fan of the change to a female actor.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is the last season couldn't get any better, along comes the next DR and she is from Huddersfiled!!!!
( well a small village in Kirklees which is basically Huddersfield)

So the new DR is from Huddersfield
The captain of the enterprise is from Huddersfield
Town are in the premier
The giants are crap!

...Joe Root and bairstow are both from Huddersfield.

Magnificent Yorkshire scenes.

( one of the statements above is actually wrong)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I bet all the PC feminists who have been pressing for a woman Dr Who don't even watch the show!

Time travel should be for men only, women know your limits, damn women wanting to be time lords, and other casually sexist comments.

It's so hard being a man. We are so under represented :tantrum:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Time travel should be for men only, women know your limits, damn women wanting to be time lords, and other casually sexist comments.

It's so hard being a man. We are so under represented :tantrum:

Yes, unfortunately the comments in here show that some folk still belong in the stone age. If ever feminism needed proof of its existence it's here.

It'll take some getting used to as I've never seen a female in the role but if she is a good actor then I'm totally happy with it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Success will be down to the writers. If they write the part as a woman it'll be rubbish, if they just carry on writing the Doctor I'm sure it'll be fine.

Entirely this. The first Capaldi series was a disaster because of the writing not him. The second has been much much better because the writing was much better.

I personally think it's ridiculous having a female doctor, it's just more pandering to the lefties and feminists again, but she won't be crap if the writing is good and doesn't lose the true doctor.

My issue is that thy have picked a bit of a looker. If this is going to maintain realists ever episode will see a man flirting with her because that would be true to life. But they won't because that will be very boring. There are a world of ways this could pan out and I suspect a lot of them are not very good.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Entirely this. The first Capaldi series was a disaster because of the writing not him. The second has been much much better because the writing was much better.

I personally think it's ridiculous having a female doctor, it's just more pandering to the lefties and feminists again, but she won't be crap if the writing is good and doesn't lose the true doctor.

My issue is that thy have picked a bit of a looker. If this is going to maintain realists ever episode will see a man flirting with her because that would be true to life. But they won't because that will be very boring. There are a world of ways this could pan out and I suspect a lot of them are not very good.

What does that mean?

Which 'lefties' and 'feminists' are being 'pandered to'? Did they need 'pandering to'? If so, why?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Everyone knows that fictional time travellers don't have vaginas! Damn leftie feminazis!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
What does that mean?

It doesn't mean anything, it's just a trite comment used when people can't form a coherent argument about anything. As for Jodie, I'll give her a go, but agree with previous comments that success or failure will rest with the writing, not her gender.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I wonder how surprised the Doctor will be to wake up and find he's a woman. Will be worth watching the first episode just for that. Does anyone know when it is?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another perfectly good institution wrecked to appease the lefty lezzas. Oh well. Are we sure she identifies as a bird? Can someone fill a form out pronto!

Hope she gets her tits out.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here