Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - new DAMSELFLY mini-album 'White Label / Black Wing'

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Hello fellow NSC'ers. Those of you who have liked my debut album Vottol may be interested in my new 7-track mini-album (8 tracks if you include the bonus track on the download version) of remixes, remasters, alternative versions and previously unreleased recordings from the Vottol sessions called White Label / Black Wing. You can take a listen here if you fancy....

https://damselfly1.bandcamp.com/album/white-label-black-wing

Cheers,

HJ

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Been playing this most of the weekend. It really is most impressive. The CD (remember THOSE?) visual imagery is strong and more than a bit scary. This is instrumental music, devoid of ego or era. On one level it's elevator music, subliminal, seduces you to the point you don't even realise you're listening to it til it stops. On the other hand, that elevator is the most elegantly crafted elevator from turn-of-the-century mid-winter Venice. Highly recommend listening to this on repeat while watching Nicolas Roeg's 70's masterpiece 'Dont Look Now'. Best tracks? A glistening remix of 'The Girl With A Rivers Name' And a sweeping majestic remix of 'A Hunter Gathers', [MENTION=3052]Hungry Joe[/MENTION]'s very personal, very elegant meditation on / tribute to the Shoreham Airshow Crash. It's beautiful. Both tracks are from the VOTTOL album, released in February this year.

Be fascinating to see where Damselfly alights next. The choice of vocalist (should there even BE one?) will be critical.

5/5

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Thanks for the feedback / review THPP, great to hear your thoughts and really glad you like the album. Music is a very personal, emotive medium, and everyone hears it in their own way. Being able to connect with that is the most satisfying part of making it by a mile.

Cheers!

HJ

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
PS; for any of you bargain hunters out there, I've got a summer sale on where you can get 50% off all 3 of my releases until 1st September as a download bundle. Just click on any of the albums and then scroll down to the 'full discography bit'.......

https://damselfly1.bandcamp.com

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here