Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inn on the Green

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went there last night in Scaynes Hill grand daughters 18th and it was quite good. It is leased by Simon Hancock, who had Pulse etc in B Hill before its closure. I had Doombar and it was in good condition but apparently they do a very good Sunday Roast so must give it a try sometime. This is a pub that has suffered badly in the past but hope it does well now.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Got a blowey in the field behind the pub circa 1986.
Didnt hang around for the sunday lunch but would recommend the place anyway.
Think it was called something else back then.......pub not blowey

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I heard the roasts around that era left a nasty taste in the mouth.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Went there last night in Scaynes Hill grand daughters 18th and it was quite good. It is leased by Simon Hancock, who had Pulse etc in B Hill before its closure. I had Doombar and it was in good condition but apparently they do a very good Sunday Roast so must give it a try sometime. This is a pub that has suffered badly in the past but hope it does well now.
also once ran the Junction and many other pubs he's a good operator.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Used to sit in the front garden on a Saturday morning with a pint raising my glass to the saps taking their wives to the shops, er before I had a wife that is!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
One of the many jobs associated with the licence trade where no proffessional qualifications are needed.

Are there any jobs associated with the licence trade where professional qualifications are needed? I assumed you were taught the job rather than need to study for it :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are there any jobs associated with the licence trade where professional qualifications are needed? I assumed you were taught the job rather than need to study for it :shrug:

Being a licensee used to be considered a professional qualification and being one allows you to sign passports applications and alike.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

I'm flattered that you still remember it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As is your present occupation. I think the signing of passports etc was due to being a fit and proper person with a licence rather than professional qualification as a judge once called me, being a defence witness at a customers DD trial, 'a pillar of society who should be believed' .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here