Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extended video highlights: Brighton v Crystal Palace, Goldstone Ground, October 1976.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Thanks I really enjoyed that. Great to see again what a natural poacher Ward was. We should have won that game easily if it wasn't for their keeper. I thought Mullery came over much better than Venables in the interview. The younger Venables comes across as having a much more aggressive and arrogant edge than he did later on in his career.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really enjoyed that. Great interview at the end. Thanks as always GR!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I liked the provision for the disabled. Just park you car in the corner between the west and the south. View must have been awful

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My memory must be faltering as I can't remember being at the game though can't think of a reason why I wouldn't.

Great to see an almost full Goldstone and just seeing Ward and Mellor brings back the memories of the times we were in.

It truly was a ground in a poor state even then though we didn't know that at the time as most football grounds were in a similar state.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Does anyone else realise...

Brighton vs Palace will be so high profile this season we'll have the whole world explaining to their viewers why and how the clubs have such a rivalry. I look forward to the USA commentators dealing with it :D

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Good old Jim Cannon, the goal scoring midfield maestro !
Good memories from a great period, it must of been the same season that Mullery spat his dummy out at Stamford Bridge ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good old Jim Cannon, the goal scoring midfield maestro !
Good memories from a great period, it must of been the same season that Mullery spat his dummy out at Stamford Bridge ?
Never heard of him.

Ward looked good.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Does anyone else realise...

Brighton vs Palace will be so high profile this season we'll have the whole world explaining to their viewers why and how the clubs have such a rivalry. I look forward to the USA commentators dealing with it :D

Can you explain to me, John, what is this fierce soccer rivalry all about and where in the heck did it start?!
Now this a good one Bill! First off, these two franchises have been...
:shootself

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Can you explain to me, John, what is this fierce soccer rivalry all about and where in the heck did it start?!
Now this a good one Bill! First off, these two franchises have been...
:shootself

****in' 'ell... Exactly! Probably worth a BBC 3 comedy short in all honesty!

Now over to Marv who'll be explaining just what 'Bovril' is, and why it's so important to soccer fans up and down the UK...

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
My first ever game watching Brighton aged just 8 in the North Stand. Started my near 41 years of service to the Albion cause!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
This was the last fixture between the two clubs before handbags at the Bridge, which curiously was the last ever FAC Round1 tie that Palace played.

Great to see both teams in their pomp. Happy days!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This was the last fixture between the two clubs before handbags at the Bridge, which curiously was the last ever FAC Round1 tie that Palace played.

Great to see both teams in their pomp. Happy days!
Don't fret, they'll be plenty more when it all comes crashing down.

:)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks I really enjoyed that. Great to see again what a natural poacher Ward was. We should have won that game easily if it wasn't for their keeper. I thought Mullery came over much better than Venables in the interview. The younger Venables comes across as having a much more aggressive and arrogant edge than he did later on in his career.

What a contrast. Mullery comes across as mature and considered, whereas Venables just seems like a massive cockney wideboy ****. Just what is it about Palace and massive cockney wideboy twats?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It always annoyed me that the TV, at the Goldstone, always put their single microphone for crowd noise directly behind the away fans in Goldstone Lane.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here