Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would modern pop music be better if....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
... We could stick that fvcking auto tune nonsense in Room 101 and never have to hear it again ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good God yes, first time I heard it was when Cher started warbling it out, terrifying:eek:

There may not be much left of Cher that is original, bar auto tune :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Auto tune used correctly can enhance a record on some occasions it's a no for me

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mr f@@king Blue Sky is my most hated track of all time. Probably not the first to use a vocoder, but definitely the worst.

Laurie Anderson's, O Superman, is easily one of my favourite pieces of music. Used creatively, modern technology is and can be brilliant. The vocoder in that particular piece is absolutely perfect and fitting.

My objection is for a good number of years now so many musicians around the world, from all sorts of genres are just using Auto Tune as standard and it sounds bloody terrible....to my ears.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mr f@@king Blue Sky is my most hated track of all time. Probably not the first to use a vocoder, but definitely the worst.

A vocoder was used on Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain way - mid 1970's?

(edit - just checked - 1973 to be precise)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Laurie Anderson's, O Superman, is easily one of my favourite pieces of music. Used creatively, modern technology is and can be brilliant. The vocoder in that particular piece is absolutely perfect and fitting.

My objection is for a good number of years now so many musicians around the world, from all sorts of genres are just using Auto Tune as standard and it sounds bloody terrible....to my ears.
In spite of my earlier post, i concur with that. It's overused and definitely abused. In my book, if it's obvious, then it's crap.

And to the poster who said there'd be no Duran Duran, he's probably right. I had a mate who worked at a recording studio and he worked on one of their albums. He started at the time that Simon Le Bon's voice had every possible effect done to it as he couldn't sing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
.......all the DJs from Heart FM were locked in a cupboard for a day and replaced by dogs playing kazoos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here