Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathias Normann [joins on a 3-year contract]

BHA007

Jan 13, 2013
Bodø / Glimt confirms on their website that they have agreed with a foreign club about a transition to Mathias Normann. All that remains is the personal conditions and the medical examination.

According to Avisa Nordland, it is about the newly-emerged Premier League club Brighton. Normann travels to England soon to complete the transition.

The midfielder was connected to Vålerenga in the previous transition window, but Bodø / Glimt refused to sell. Now, instead, it can be a transition to the Premier League.

Normann is currently out of play after having completed a pilot surgery on June 22.

Neither chairman of the board Hege Leirfall Ingebrigsten nor general manager Frode Thomassen will comment on this information vis-à-vis Avisa Nordland.

Brighton also has Norwegian Henrik Bjørdal in the playroom. He was lent to IFK Göteborg last season. In the last matches this spring, Vegard Forren was also in Brighton without having a playtime.

Brighton moved up

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still celebrating that day we emerged now.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Good luck to the lad if this is true. However, I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed by this signing.

Hopefully he is more Solly March than Jack Harper.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Normann is currently out of play after having completed a pilot surgery on June 22.

Signing a young Scandinavian player who's currently injured? Definitely sounds like something the club would do, let's just hope it works out better than it did with Hambo.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I guess some on here will moan about these types of signings, however they are for the future and some will work and some won't.

If we want to establish ourselves in the Premier League and follow in the footsteps of our south coast rivals Southampton bringing through young talent and funding our existence this is what we need to do.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
How is Bjordal getting on in Sweden? I know he was a regular stater but not really looked for couple of months now.

He's back here now. Seemed to have a decent spell on loan. There was an article on him on the official site 4/5 weeks ago at a guess where it seems he wants to push to be in the 1st team squad

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bjordal's loan officially ends tomorrow I believe. I wonder if he will return to pre-season or have a summer break. I remember Towell doing the former and picking up an injury which was attributed to being overplayed. If on the other hand Bjordal takes a break he has almost no chance of making an impact.

Is that right that Normann is coming after an operation so not fit (as with Hambo and Harper who is, by the way, doing well back in Spain and scoring goals).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• f85615d4866cbf640c20da8b57045ca8.jpg
    f85615d4866cbf640c20da8b57045ca8.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 924

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Do you know a lot about him?

Nope, nothing. Just by reading his wiki page, the standard of football he has played and historically how the club has treated these kind of signings. He will more than likely go into the U23 than be thrown into 1st team in the Premier League.

I wish him all the best though in the stripes -- if he signs. :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here