Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Never puts a foot wrong but has had few opportunities. Does he have a chance of competing with Ryan to be number one keeper?

Good post. I would like to see him given a chance. Not seen Ryan, but as you say, Nikki is very consistent when he does play.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I hope so. As you have said, whenever he has filled in he has done a stirling job and not let us down. I thought he was unlucky not to get a run in the team towards the end of last year. He must be frustrated, but I have never heard of him moaning. Surprised, but very pleased he signed a contract extension.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did wonder about the emergency recall clause in Walton's loan. Does it mean we will go with just 2 main keepers and save splashing some cash on a third?
Would give Maenpaa a better chance of featuring.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Never puts a foot wrong but has had few opportunities. Does he have a chance of competing with Ryan to be number one keeper?

Can only see it being if Ryan is absolutely shocking or injured .

Maenpaa brilliant when came in last year at a time when stockdale was having a few of his f k about moments. Still didn't keep the shirt .

I guess he prob has more chance This year as we are going to get smashed a good few times .

Looks a great keeper . Feel bit sorry for him hasn't had more games .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can only see it being if Ryan is absolutely shocking or injured .

Maenpaa brilliant when came in last year at a time when stockdale was having a few of his f k about moments. Still didn't keep the shirt .

I guess he prob has more chance This year as we are going to get smashed a good few times .

Looks a great keeper . Feel bit sorry for him hasn't had more games .

Maenpaa played one league game, when Stockdale was injured. He then played in cup games, as usual.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Having met him a couple of times I can also vouch he is a top bloke. Brilliant attitude. He gave some great advice to me son who plays in goal.
His chances have been so limited which is a shame - the obvious worry is that the PL is one hell of a baptism of fire. I think we do need another GK and that unfortunately Marnpaa will be 3rd choice.
In other times he would of been an Albion legend- but in our house though he already is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's easy to only play a few games a season and so much harder to play week in week out.

He's a second choice, that's why he's happy to have signed on for a third season of being back up but it's important to have a good back up and I'm sure he's making a nice living out of it.

el punal

I hope so. As you have said, whenever he has filled in he has done a stirling job and not let us down. I thought he was unlucky not to get a run in the team towards the end of last year. He must be frustrated, but I have never heard of him moaning. Surprised, but very pleased he signed a contract extension.

I think that frustration may be somewhat tempered now that we're in the Premier League. As an aside, I'm still perplexed, even now, as to why David Stockdale chose to leave. Maybe it was all about ££££ rather than status.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think that frustration may be somewhat tempered now that we're in the Premier League. As an aside, I'm still perplexed, even now, as to why David Stockdale chose to leave. Maybe it was all about ££££ rather than status.

The general consensus was that Stockdale wanted a longer contract. However surely he was better getting a shorter contract in the PL then moving to the Championship for a contract after that rather than going straight to the Championship

el punal

The general consensus was that Stockdale wanted a longer contract. However surely he was better getting a shorter contract in the PL then moving to the Championship for a contract after that rather than going straight to the Championship

Especially as it's to a club that, on the face of it, are unlikely to be one the top sides challenging for promotion. Oh, and of course there's the Harry and Rosie factor to consider. :wink:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Think he will play all the cup games again and will fill in for Ryan if his form dips away or is injured. Can't see us spending 5 million on a keeper that is going to start season on the bench

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poor bloke hasn't had the best of luck. Felt sorry for him when he had his chance at Lincoln and was injured (by GM).

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Shame he gets no gametime for Finland too but their main keeper is amazing and one of the best in the Bundesliga

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Not about cash. He is getting less at Blues than he was offered with us.
He was promised "first choice" (as distinct from guaranteed start) by Blues where I gather we were honest and told him we were seeking to bring in a new starting keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here