Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have You Ever Participated in a Protest March?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm sure Fans United will be a popular one on here but were there others you also attended and if so were they particularly eventful, perhaps you were arrested or got involved in some bovva..... Possible ones that immediately spring to mind are CND, Rock Against Racism, Campaign Against Live Exports, Anti Poll Tax, Jarrow March......

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sure Fans United will be a popular one on here but were there others you also attended and if so were they particularly eventful, perhaps you were arrested or got involved in some bovva..... Possible ones that immediately spring to mind are CND, Rock Against Racism, Campaign Against Live Exports, Anti Poll Tax, Jarrow March......

I would be very surprised to find any Jarrow marchers on NSC!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I remember sitting down behind the west stand in Newtown Road in the mid 80's with hundreds of others after a game, I cannot recall what the protest!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All the local Albion Falmer marches. Obviously. Oh, and the Rock Against Racism march to Victoria Park, Hackney in 1978. The Clash in the park were MAGNIFICENT. Skinheads did their usual low IQ Nazi best to disrupt it. But, as per always, in art as in life, they were the only losers. C*nts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Many protesting the Australian government's treatment of asylum seekers and refugees.

Protest about the right to gather in groups and enjoy repetitive beats in Brighton, Live animal export protests in Shoreham, I wandered through the Occupy camp in Melbourne to see what it was all about.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
About 15 years ago to protest against the unsustainable new development of houses in our village, a group of us all drove round the main roundabout on the A24, into where we live. Within five minutes the whole thing was clogged up for miles and miles and miles , showing how we couldn't cope with all the additional traffic.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Many protesting the Australian government's treatment of asylum seekers and refugees.

Protest about the right to gather in groups and enjoy repetitive beats in Brighton, Live animal export protests in Shoreham, I wandered through the Occupy camp in Melbourne to see what it was all about.

PPF, although without capacity to appreciate such protests, would have described that event as a bit 'tasty'. 1989/1990 ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
PPF, although without capacity to appreciate such protests, would have described that event as a bit 'tasty'. 1989/1990 ?

Thats the one, very popular with a few faces from the goldstone ground that one. Some of the police were utterly disgusting that night as i recall.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yes. Lots of marches from anti-apartheid, CND, wapping, libyan air strikes, Iraq and other anti-war marches, various animal rights ones, cjb, anti-austerity, pro-europe and of course the Albion ones. Ironically missed the poll tax one, just caught the end of the mayhem for that one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here