Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T A259 Roadworks at Grand Avenue

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Driving to work this morning eastwards on A259 at 8.40, I was caught up in traffic just west of Grand Avenue where two lanes now become one.

As I approached the lights I saw about three vehicles coned off in the outside lane. No 'men' working but one man in a drivers cab fast asleep, or at least slumped with his eyes shut. Pity I was driving or I would have taken a photo.

No wonder roadworks take so long I assume his mates were in the café having breakfast.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I've been driving for 8 years, for those entire 8 years they have been doing roadworks on the M3, when you come off Junction 12 of the M25 and towards Southampton way.

My dad lives in Crowthorne so i'm a regular driver of this route and i have NEVER seen a person working on it.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I've been driving for 8 years, for those entire 8 years they have been doing roadworks on the M3, when you come off Junction 12 of the M25 and towards Southampton way.

My dad lives in Crowthorne so i'm a regular driver of this route and i have NEVER seen a person working on it.

I have a theory that they own more cones than they can store so it is cheaper to leave them on motorways. A bit like scaffolding left up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here