Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Roy Grace doing the right thing? [Possible spolier within for Peter James fans]

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Allowing his son Bruno to go to see Palace with his friend so soon after bringing him to Sussex?

Should Cleo intervene?

I normally never question Roy's judgement - but this has me concerned.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure they'll be half a book of back story along in a couple of pages time.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think Roy Race was better written and had better storylines than Peter James and his Dead Crap series of books.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think Roy Race was better written and had better storylines than Peter James and his Dead Crap series of books.

I am sure that Peter James will take your opinions in an appropriately weighty manner as he checks his bank balance.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I am sure that Peter James will take your opinions in an appropriately weighty manner as he checks his bank balance.

Exactly, can't knock the machine - get a brand, Brighton pier images on the cover, loyal local fanbase who will lap it up - quids in. He's good at what he does is the highest praise I can give Mr James.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Allowing his son Bruno to go to see Palace with his friend so soon after bringing him to Sussex?

Should Cleo intervene?

I normally never question Roy's judgement - but this has me concerned.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A fairly hefty spoiler for those who enjoy the books... which, by the way, I thoroughly enjoy. Might not be to everyone's tastes but there are plenty who do like them...

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Read the first book and thought the concept of the story was brilliant. The ending was complete and utter shite though. Gave up after that didn't bother with any of the sequels.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Exactly, can't knock the machine - get a brand, Brighton pier images on the cover, loyal local fanbase who will lap it up - quids in. He's good at what he does is the highest praise I can give Mr James.

As long as you just read it as a good yarn and don't get hung up on their literary merits they're ok. I've read a few myself and quite enjoy them but that doesn't stop me being aware of their literary shortcomings. Cliched characters, clumsy dialogue, unashamed product placement which gets quite irritating. A lot of modern popular fiction is quite poorly written but that doesn't prevent it from being hugely successful, which is the author's ultimate goal. If you want a bit of easily digestible escapism they serve that purpose. However Peter James comes nowhere near the quality of writing and plot as someone like RJ Ellory who for anyone who enjoys crime fiction but also demands good writing I would recommend "A Quiet Belief in Angels".

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
A fairly hefty spoiler for those who enjoy the books... which, by the way, I thoroughly enjoy. Might not be to everyone's tastes but there are plenty who do like them...

Is it a spoiler? We knew about his son from the end of the last book.

I'm not giving away any of the plot but apologies to anyone who rather hadn't known!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This isn't on, right!

He's referring to Peter James' character Inspector Roy Grace of Sussex Police.

My work mate, who lives in Kensington, told me this story today.
He saw this lady walking up the Kings Road wearing an Albion scarf, knowing that I support them, he asked the lady about the Albion.
She turned round and told him, she thought it was a Chelsea scarf. :shootself:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here