Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
So the club still haven't unveiled the away kit and the home kit wont be available for a couple of weeks and will cost you £48.

Its funny how you can get in from Honk Kong now for only £18.

new kit.GIF

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Nope, but feel like the club have missed out by not getting these out earlier

Why are people so impatient? Nobody is going to go out and buy an old Brighton shirt in the meantime because they can't buy the new one yet. This season's kits will be the biggest sellers in the club's history. There's no rush!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think they were hoping to unveil the new kit with a shiny new player. Only problem is they realised that we're not really in the market for signing new players soon, so who knows when we'll see it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Alternatively they could be made in the chinese factories 'next door neighbour'. :wink:

I've bought a few snide kits for my boy in recent years (Ronaldo/Real Madrid or Messi/Barcelona) and they've all held up well to repeated washes. Think he's got 1 that is 2 years old and not fallen apart or even had letters peel off. Often the snide stuff is made in same factory as the genuine stuff but they just don't put the labels or tags on.

Last edited:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Quite a few differences on closer inspection.

On the official shirt the Nike swish crosses the first 2 blue stripes - The fake doesn't.

The American Express logo extends into the far left and far right blue stripes - The fake doesn't.

On the fake club badge the 'Brighton & Hove Albion' is not in the middle of the white ring, and the word 'Albion' is not centered (is aligned to the left).

Other than that a great effort! :lolol:

brighton-hove-albion-17-18-premier-league-home-kit-2.jpg

new kit.GIF

The fake one probably says BURTON & HOVE ALBION on the crest if you see it close up too! :lolol:

You'd rather give your money to some back street con artist in China, than the club towards players?

To be honest, if I knew the money would go to helping keep somebody in work who was living in poverty rather than helping keep a multi millionaire footballer in hot and cold running tarts for a while then I would.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You'd rather give your money to some back street con artist in China, than the club towards players?

I'm fairly sure the club make very little on shirt sales, that is why Nike etc pay so much in sponsorship as they take the money for the shirts. It's why the 'they'll make the money back in shirt sales alone' cliche is a myth.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Why are people so impatient? Nobody is going to go out and buy an old Brighton shirt in the meantime because they can't buy the new one yet. This season's kits will be the biggest sellers in the club's history. There's no rush!

Yes they will sell, and very well. But, given that the whole "megastore" at the stadium is geared up to sell mainly one product - i.e. kit, it does seem like a missed opportunity over the summer months.

Put it this way, would Tesco discontinue one product with a three month wait until the replacement came out? I think it's a pretty poor show commercially.

Tottenham announced their home and away kits (Nike as well, so it can be done!) a couple of weeks back, and they were on sale online the next day. That is the market we are now playing in.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If you were in the knock-off market in Shanghai or Beijing you wouldn't be paying more than a fiver, and could probably get it for maybe 3 or 4 quid even.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here