Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match and ball sponsorship

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
See club now offering Cat A Match sponsorship at £11,400 incl vat and Ball sponsorship at £2700 incl vat. Hope you get to take ball home at those prices. How much was it last year

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It was all quite a bit less last year. I know match kit sponsorship was a flat rate of £1200 +VAT, it was my last season as a kit sponsor having done it for the past 11 seasons. This upcoming season it is £2250+VAT (Cat C game) rising to £4750+VAT for a category A game. So much for remembering where we came from, this has probably priced out any fans left who enjoy the kit sponsorship thing. It's not like it's a money spinner, even at those rates it will only pay a couple of weeks wages for one Premier League player.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Three of us used to sponsor a player, up to 4 years ago, when it was £450. Those were the days. We even got a dinner and an evening with the players.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was all quite a bit less last year. I know match kit sponsorship was a flat rate of £1200 +VAT, it was my last season as a kit sponsor having done it for the past 11 seasons. This upcoming season it is £2250+VAT (Cat C game) rising to £4750+VAT for a category A game. So much for remembering where we came from, this has probably priced out any fans left who enjoy the kit sponsorship thing. It's not like it's a money spinner, even at those rates it will only pay a couple of weeks wages for one Premier League player.

I'm a bit confused by the kit sponsorship details in the new Commercial Brochure. Previously, you always sponsored a kit for a whole season, so what does the below mean:

One of our most popular packages, there are matchday and seasonal benefits to sponsoring the kit of an Albion player.

Four hospitality places with premium seating to watch the match

Pre-match dressing room tour and photo in the dug-out seats

Corporate gift for each guest

Four places at the Players’ Awards Evening at the end of the season, with private drinks reception with the first-team players

Signed shirt

PACKAGE PRICES
Category A: £4,750 + VAT
Category B: £3,250 + VAT
Category C: £2,250 + VAT

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The club as we knew it is dead. The sacrifice for Bloom saving and transforming us is to become a corporate juggernaut designed to milk money from anyone possible with little care for the fans of yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm a bit confused by the kit sponsorship details in the new Commercial Brochure. Previously, you always sponsored a kit for a whole season, so what does the below mean:

One of our most popular packages, there are matchday and seasonal benefits to sponsoring the kit of an Albion player.

Four places at the Players’ Awards Evening at the end of the season, with private drinks reception with the first-team players

Signed shirt

PACKAGE PRICES

If I didn't know better, I'd guess that the club doesn't currently have a commercial manager and there might be some sort of copy and paste error going on here, as the kit sponsorship packages (which, surely, are seasonal and not match by match) carry exactly the same pricing structure and pricing as the match ball sponsorships.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Signed shirt

PACKAGE PRICES

The system they introduced last season was to be the kit sponsor for a particular game, rather than a player for the whole season. You chose which match when you signed up for it. The package included 4 hospitality seats for your chosen game, together with 4 tickets for the end of season awards dinner, and exclusively for kit sponsors pre-dinner drinks with the players. We thoroughly enjoyed it and had planned to do it again, accepting it would go up a bit, but to double in price, that was too much.

As a footie shirt collector I asked if I could have one of the players shirts after the game that I was the kit sponsor for, and was told no, which was the only downer of the day really.

It's all a far cry from the Withdean way, when I would get a call from the club on a Thursday asking if I fancied joint sponsoring the match or sponsoring the ball on the following Saturday as they didn't have anyone lined up for it.

Oh well, it was fune while lasted, I am going to sponsor a Worthing FC player instead next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
If I didn't know better, I'd guess that the club doesn't currently have a commercial manager and there might be some sort of copy and paste error going on here, as the kit sponsorship packages (which, surely, are seasonal and not match by match) carry exactly the same pricing structure and pricing as the match ball sponsorships.

Nope, those are the correct prices, the argument is that you have the extra benefit of the end of season dinner and exclusive drinks event with the players.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The club as we knew it is dead. The sacrifice for Bloom saving and transforming us is to become a corporate juggernaut designed to milk money from anyone possible with little care for the fans of yesterday.
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would argue that Knight and the consortium saved the club and Bloom transformed it, but I agree that this is not the Albion that I grew to love and it will never be the same again. Newer fans may enjoy the corporate experience of it all but imo our local football club died the minute Dick handed over to TB. New ground, new team, new administrators, new back up staff, new fans, new century, new world.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The system they introduced last season was to be the kit sponsor for a particular game, rather than a player for the whole season. You chose which match when you signed up for it. The package included 4 hospitality seats for your chosen game, together with 4 tickets for the end of season awards dinner, and exclusively for kit sponsors pre-dinner drinks with the players. We thoroughly enjoyed it and had planned to do it again, accepting it would go up a bit, but to double in price, that was too much.

Fair enough - I'd not paid much attention when we gave up the NSC sponsorship a year or two ago. Strikes me a big ask to fill up 16 kit sponsorships for 19 games at that pricing structure.

Presumably, you don't get to pick which kit you sponsor as the player you may wish to sponsor may not actually play on the game you've chosen.

As a footie shirt collector I asked if I could have one of the players shirts after the game that I was the kit sponsor for, and was told no, which was the only downer of the day really.

How bizarre - you'd think getting the shirt would be an integral part of the package!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This is the price of being in the Premier League, You have to make every penny you can to pay for the players you want to keep you there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I sponsored a match ball under the name of my stocktaking company when we were at The Goldstone. In those days the club published the names of all sponsors in every program until the match was played and then removed it from the list. I picked a game in late April which meant my company name was published every home game for nearly 9 months for the then princely sum of £100. Somewhat different now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Based on 16 players, for 19 games, at £3250 (the Cat B price) that's a MILLION POUNDS.

Or a £20k/week squad player's wages for a YEAR.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You could look at it like that, OR you could look at it as fleecing the newly interested commercial entities / sponsors, to generate the necessary additional income, whilst 22,000 of us all enjoy Premier League season tickets at £23-odd per match.

If the trade off for keeping those ST prices reasonable is that a few fans lose their annual chance of a meal and a few selfies with Sam Baldock, it seems a price worth paying.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
are people actually worried that the club is asking corporate sponsors to pay many thousands rather than the many hundreds of yesteryear? not like this is of much concern to 99% of the fan base that would never even think about these sorts of sponsorship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odd isn't it.

The club is actively filling it's bank account by 'fleecing' (I guess that should read 'bringing into line') corporate sponsorship and some fans still aren't happy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Based on 16 players, for 19 games, at £3250 (the Cat B price) that's a MILLION POUNDS.

Or a £20k/week squad player's wages for a YEAR.

There is only one kit sponsor per game, making it around £60K per season in income, for which they have to provide 76 full hospitality packages and 76 seats at the end of season awards dinner.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is only one kit sponsor per game, making it around £60K per season in income, for which they have to provide 76 full hospitality packages and 76 seats at the end of season awards dinner.

That's a bit ODD then. Why make you chose ONE specific player, if he's then the only player sponsored for that match?

Or are you 'his' kit sponsor for the season, but you only get the perks on one given matchday??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here