Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone planning to see the movie "Dunkirk"?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Whats it about

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dunkirk

Britains first and successful attempt to get out of a German run Europe .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's about Lewis Dunk and his irksome way of playing. All Brighton fans should see it.

Will do! Interested as my uncle was evacuated off the beach at Dunkirk. A quite traumatic period for him and thousand of others,happier times for him at the Goldstone front row third from the left.

Attachments

• scan0040.jpg
    scan0040.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 1,836
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 1,884

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Cant wait to go and watch this, been on the radar for ages. Looks great, I hope the film does the incredible story justice.
Its going to have to be pretty bloody special though to beat the original which is a cinematic classic.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
when i was young my dad had a boat (converted shoreham fishing boat) that went to Dunkirk to pick up the soldiers. Its then captain has a picture up in the fishing museum on the seafront. happy memories for me as a boy - it was always sinking! i will be going to see it.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Incredible story. An optimistic forecast initially was they might get 80000 out. Got more than 300000 in the end. Incredible sacrifices to keep the corridor open and defend the perimeter. If anyone's interested a trip to Dover Castle, where the operation was controlled from is well worth a visit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Incredible story. An optimistic forecast initially was they might get 80000 out. Got more than 300000 in the end. Incredible sacrifices to keep the corridor open and defend the perimeter. If anyone's interested a trip to Dover Castle, where the operation was controlled from is well worth a visit. And yes, definitely looking forward to the film

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think uncle Spielberg will go and see it, but nothing can top 95 rated lala land.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It probably concentrates on an American boat owner who single handedly sails his paddle steamer across the channel and rescues everybody

About time that chap got the recognition he deserves :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Looks good to me also look out for "Pegasus Bridge" which should be released in the near future

The cast in this is looking quite good.......i really hope they dont frack up the telling of one of the greatest stories of D Day, or quite possibly one of the greatest glider assaults in the history of warfare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here