Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compare the two situations

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
1)Stupid Tory MP makes ridiculous racist statement and gets the book thrown at her. Rightfully so.

However....

2)IRA member Michael Hayes admits planting Birmingham bombs in 1974 and is treated as an OK guy who has admitted his past. Oh, by the way, he was responsible in a large part for the death of 21 innocent people.

Does one need any more proof that society and it's (IN)ability to discern between right and wrong, is truly f****d?

TNBA

TTF

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1)Stupid Tory MP makes ridiculous racist statement and gets the book thrown at her. Rightfully so.

However....

2)IRA member Michael Hayes admits planting Birmingham bombs in 1974 and is treated as an OK guy who has admitted his past. Oh, by the way, he was responsible in a large part for the death of 21 innocent people.

Does one need any more proof that society and it's (IN)ability to discern between right and wrong, is truly f****d?

TNBA

TTF
If 2). is true, then very, very wrong.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

However....

TNBA

TTF

Ahh, but the bomber is not a member of the NASTY party according to the goons on here so he is an alright bloke.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

However....

TNBA

TTF

My thoughts exactly. A person can change however and it is possible that he has truly repented. But the self-righteous double standards exhibited by some are deplorable.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What the hell have these two things got to do with each other!? This is just utter utter nonsense.
Are you saying that because OJ Simpson got off doing that murder that we should allow racist remarks by an MP? Or that because someone got away with something bad we all should?
I mean....what are you on!?

OK, who are you more offended by, a self confessed multiple murderer who has said 'sorry', or an MP showing a momentary lapse of judgement? They are both quite current stories.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
West Midlands police have said there is an ongoing investigation into this and new/significant evidence will be looked into .
So just a thought that the OP might be being a little too quick off the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
, or an MP showing a momentary lapse of judgement? .

A momentary lapse of judgement? Really?

I would have thought that people who hold different views to this MP would have used a completely different metaphor and the phrase used would not have entered their minds at all.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A momentary lapse of judgement? Really?

I would have thought that people who hold different views to this MP would have used a completely different metaphor and the phrase used would not have entered their minds at all.

And your ANSWER to my question would be?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think I am capable of making a judgement on them both individually. My opinion on one has nothing to do with the other as they completely different and unrelated to each other.

But incapable of answering a very simple question it seems.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
But incapable of answering a very simple question it seems.

Why should he answer such a moronic question? Why are you such a whiny bitch? Come on, ANSWER my question!

What indeed was the OP on about? Unless he does in fact know people who think one is terrible whilst the other 'ok'. Could it be these people exist solely in his, and other's, heads?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Let me get this right. IRA terrorist makes bomb in 1974. 21 people are killed by this bomb. Bomb maker says sorry. As a consequence all MPs should be allowed to use the n**g** word when they wish.

What derogatory terms will be allowed to be used following the civilian deaths in Yemen from bombs made in the UK? Or will we wait till we stop and apologise?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

However....

TNBA

TTF

The two are hardly comparable.

In terms of Michael Hayes, I think one can respect his honesty without condoning what he did. And I'm old enough to remember it all - in fact i was in Birmingham City Centre the following weekend.

And I would expect his "confession" to result in some sort of police reaction.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think I am capable of making a judgement on them both individually. My opinion on one has nothing to do with the other as they completely different and unrelated to each other.

And a very stupid attempt to defend a completely racist and out of date comment... oh, and an attempt to avert a bi-election and the possibility of the coalition not having a working majority!

Other than that alls fine carry on...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'll answer it.

Multiple murder is worse than using racist language.

Unless anyone has, or wants to state otherwise, can we now put this particular straw man to bed please?

No, as obviously the OP is a Tory and using a completely unrelated story in an attempt to cling to power like a barnacle on the good ship May!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Actually it is Corbyn and his extreme lefty Marxist cronies that are the nasty party. Have you ever read some of the comments that his ex girlfriend currently in his shadow cabinet has made about white people or the nasty intimidation that his trade unions friends and associates have inflicted on Lucinda Berger and several other MP's that dared to criticise Corbyn and his cozy relationships with various terrorist groups.

I'm no Tory and if a 'normal sane ' Labour Party were available to vote for I would deff vote for them but I'm not voting for a party hijhacked by a bunch of extremists Marxists who appeal mainly to the naive and idealistic student population and people that just want to take off other people rather than actually want to do any work themselves. No wonder Corbyn appeals to mainly the types of people that go on marches and then cause trouble after. Hideous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here