Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rob Hunt to Oldham on Permanent deal

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I hope not, but then that site rarely gets anything right regarding our incoming transfers so fingers x'd its the same with outgoing

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I liked what I saw of him albeit limited. Clutching at straws maybe but would we let him go without some full backs being recruited in the very short term.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sometimes it boils down to the players choice. If he was told that there was an opportunity for a permanent move and decided that was what he wanted to do, I can't imagine the club standing in his way.

Personally I think he is a little too short for a modern top class fullback, which is a real shame.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sometimes it boils down to the players choice. If he was told that there was an opportunity for a permanent move and decided that was what he wanted to do, I can't imagine the club standing in his way.

Personally I think he is a little too short for a modern top class fullback, which is a real shame.

Same height as Leighton Baines!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Nowhere near good enough for premier league. Decent player for the Lower leagues but that's it.

Rose tinted specs have to go now.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Nowhere near good enough for premier league. Decent player for the Lower leagues but that's it.

We said when Cook and Elphick left and they reached the Premier League before we (Brighton) did. He's a young lad with potential. No one is saying he would have been a starter in the PL but he was young lad who could play on either side of defence and showed promise.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

This all day long. Good move for him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We said when Cook and Elphick left and they reached the Premier League before we (Brighton) did. He's a young lad with potential. No one is saying he would have been a starter in the PL but he was young lad who could play on either side of defence and showed promise.
Not good if true, as far as I'm concerned. If we're (or TB is) going to spend zillions on the Dev. squad, I want Dev. squad players coming through to our team, not being trained and groomed (no, not in that way) for years and then handed out for peanuts to league 1 or 2 teams. A season long loan, maybe, would have been win/win all round.

And yes, I do understand that not all the U18s and U21s will make it - but it just seems that at Brighton, is a definite that they won't.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
and...
He isn't even as good as Dan Harding.

There always exceptions. A generation ago this would have been a non-issue.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

And the point is that height is a pretty meaningless measure of a player (unless your looking at a 5' 4" centre half!!!).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not good if true, as far as I'm concerned. If we're (or TB is) going to spend zillions on the Dev. squad, I want Dev. squad players coming through to our team, not being trained and groomed (no, not in that way) for years and then handed out for peanuts to league 1 or 2 teams. A season long loan, maybe, would have been win/win all round.

And yes, I do understand that not all the U18s and U21s will make it - but it just seems that at Brighton, is a definite that they won't.

For the Academy model to work, it has to fund itself. That means not only producing a first team player per season, but also a couple not good enough for us, but good enough to sell on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here