Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another techy question.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yesterday in the newspaper it said you could get devices to connect Spotify from your iphone to an amp and speakers to obviously improve sound quality and volume. So easy, connect Chromecast to your amp and you are away, no problems.
So, I bought a Chromecast today and set it up.I then had to connect to my Virgin router. All ok. I did the test track which Chromecast supplied. Perfect, great sound and volume.
The phone has the Chromecast app and this recognises Spotify. But, How the hell do you get the Chromecast, amp and speaker to play Spotify. Whatever I do I get the tinny sound from my phone only.:dunce:
Any suggestions?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
at the bottom under the title of the song that is playing, it will say available devices in small green writing. Click there and you should see it listed.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
At these rates, hardly worth it.

#compressedbeyondallrecognition

spot.JPG

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Use something like an Arcam irdock. You stick you ipod/iphone in it and it plays everything through your hifi but it also has some gubbins in it which upscales what it's playing to a decent level. Got mine a while back for £129 but could well be cheaper now.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Use something like an Arcam irdock. You stick you ipod/iphone in it and it plays everything through your hifi but it also has some gubbins in it which upscales what it's playing to a decent level. Got mine a while back for £129 but could well be cheaper now.

Blimey, I've only spent £30 and now playing, thanks to bhanutz

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
At these rates, hardly worth it.

#compressedbeyondallrecognition

View attachment 87042

I'm one of those guys that audiophiles hate because I honestly cannot hear the difference between 160kbps and 320kbps.

96kbps can the kiss the fattest part of my arse though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm one of those guys that audiophiles hate because I honestly cannot hear the difference between 160kbps and 320kbps.

96kbps can the kiss the fattest part of my arse though.

HA! You're one of those guys. So you're a normal human then.

Quite happy to listen to Spotify streaming via phone and Bluetooth and a £9.99 from Amazon speaker. I only have very cheap ears and rubbish music is still rubbish however much one spends on kit to play it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here