Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revised SKY service on BT TV

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry if fixtures,

For anyone who has BT TV and has Sky Sports 1 & 2 as an add on,

What is your take on the new Sky service which introduces new Sky channels dedicated to 1) Premier League and, 2) Other football (including EFL and SPL fixtures.

I currently pay for BT TV with Sky Sports 1 & 2 as an add on but does anyone know what is happening here as I don't wish to pay for SKY Sports 1 & 2 if they no longer feature PL games (which may go to the newly designated channels).

Thanks for any response !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sorry if fixtures,

For anyone who has BT TV and has Sky Sports 1 & 2 as an add on,

What is your take on the new Sky service which introduces new Sky channels dedicated to 1) Premier League and, 2) Other football (including EFL and SPL fixtures.

I currently pay for BT TV with Sky Sports 1 & 2 as an add on but does anyone know what is happening here as I don't wish to pay for SKY Sports 1 & 2 if they no longer feature PL games (which may go to the newly designated channels).

Thanks for any response !

Seems a bit of a sham - if you like football you are going to need to get 3 channels - which means you are £1 short of getting all and nothing changing

I can't think there are many people who will just want the Golf/Cricket/Rugby/F1

Think sky are in trouble

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Seems a bit of a sham - if you like football you are going to need to get 3 channels - which means you are £1 short of getting all and nothing changing

I can't think there are many people who will just want the Golf/Cricket/Rugby/F1

Think sky are in trouble

Thanks for the reply and depending upon developments, I will be cancelling the SKY option and, as a result, probably also cancelling BT TV as I don't watch any of the rubbish which is apparently required.

NOW TV here I come, perhaps ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thanks for the reply, I will be cancelling SKY but probably also cancelling BT TV as I don't watch any of the rubbish which is apparently required.

NOW TV here I come perhaps !

My deals run till after Xmas then I will try and cut the prices massively or bin.

Perfect timing for festive sport/CL group games/Ashes.

They are trying get a price to try and stop streaming

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
This link is one of many sources which gives an explanation for the change. https://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-sports-set-channel-revamp-and-new-subscription-options On the face of it, it's a good thing thing that they will be able to find out how much interest there is in each sport - especially for me as I love the golf and the cricket - and the rugby when they had the premiership, because they will be able to charge per channel accordingly. I always resented having to pay a fortune for the sport I like just because they invested so much in the Premier League which I never watch (until now, obviously!) In reality, I expect the overall combined cost will rocket whatever happens

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I dont understand, among many things, is that you can apparently watch BT on Sky. Sky own and operate Now TV but you cannot watch BT Sport on Now TV even with a Sports Pass.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here