Oct 1, 2006
Marmalade? Without a doubt.
Cheese? Yep, every day of the week.
Beans? Loved it as a kid. Still do.
Mince?

Apparently this is a "quintessentially British comfort classic":
Capture.jpg

https://twitter.com/Eater/status/884419962579898369

Anyone on here feel the stirrings of patriotism or feel classicly comforted upon seeing that photo? I've been British all my life and I've never once heard of this mess let alone eaten it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Never seen or heard of it either - I had to click the link to even work out exactly what it was.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mince?

Capture.jpg

Anyone on here feel the stirrings of patriotism or feel classicly comforted upon seeing that photo? I've been British all my life and I've never once heard of this mess let alone eaten it.

I feel neither patriotic nor comforted, merely confused. What the hell is it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mince?

Capture.jpg

The closest I've ever seen / heard of / eaten, would be a tin of Heinz 'spaghetti bolognese', on toast. that would LOOK similar and have 'some' mince in it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cheese or marmite. maybe cheese spread. Maybe Chicken spread. Cottage cheese perhaps. But mince? No way.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even if it were quintessentially British, which it clearly isn't, it would lose all quintessential-ness by trying to tart it up by lobbing some green shit on top.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst it may not be a British classic I must confess that I, er, quite often eat things like leftover chilli, curry or spag bol on toast the following morning.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Whilst it may not be a British classic I must confess that I, er, quite often eat things like leftover chilli, curry or spag bol on toast the following morning.

I think it's pretty British to put any food stuff between 2 slices of bread. That to me is more quintessentially British that that thing in the OP.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I quite like a bit of peanut butter on my toast of a morning. Smooth nowadays, but formerly crunchy, until it did my teeth in.

Eggy bread is nice on occasion too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think it's pretty British to put any food stuff between 2 slices of bread. That to me is more quintessentially British that that thing in the OP.

Ah yes, the quintessential sandwich, invented by the Earl of the same name. Not exactly on toast though is it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'll admit if I have any left over spagboll I'll stick it on some toast the next day

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here